My new DLT-19 heavy blaster rifle (based on MG 34)

Lichtbringer

Master Member
This post is made from 2 posts i made on whitearmor, with 2 days between. The first when i ordered it, the second after i received it:

I wanted to buy me a MG34 to make a DLT-19, so i checked the available info of many of the available sources. And to be honest, i wasn´t willing to pay around 3000€ for a nice looking real deac.

When i was already convinced to order the Doopydoos MK3, i found by accident a german reenactment/weapons shop while searching for pics and info. And they offered this replica:

0286.jpg

A little bit simplyfied on the details, only moveable parts are the sights and the real bipod (from MG42/MG3, off course not from a real MG34). But all metal and only 429€. Some of the missing details are easily added while altering it from a MG34 into a DLT-19.

http://www.zib-militaria.de/MG-34-mit-Zweibein-Vollmetall-Modell

Maybe it helps another EU trooper who wants a metal one without paying around 3000,00€ for a real one. But they ship only within the EU - and not to UK, Netherlands, Poland and Danmark. No idea if they do this due to such being strictly prohibited there, or just cause the paperwork might be to much for them for such a lowpriced deco-gun.

Ok, i got it today.

Not sure if this helps anyone outside of Germany, but at least they seem to ship to some EU countries.

My first impressions ...... i like it, but of course it´s not perfect. It´s great to be able to look through the holes, it adds a lot to the reality of the gun.

IMG_20160114_111459_zpsd6dfzt6y.jpg

And nothing is as nice as feeling cold metal. Also the complete real working bidod and it´s rattling when handling the gun add to the realism.
IMG_20160114_110937_zpsjjkfovqj.jpg

IMG_20160114_110710_zps7skjleox.jpg

As it´s made from metal, it´s heavy enough to "feel" real, but less heavy than a real deac (this 7,0Kg, real one 12,3Kg).
But it also makes it a little less comfortable for trooping. Useable for a parade or when not in direct contact within the crowds, maybe not that good when inside the masses - if someone get hit .... will hurt for sure.

All the round parts are made from steel tubes (goes from the tip up into the stock), the addons are cast aluminium. Due to it being soft metal it´s doable to carve some missing details if wanted. As mentioned before, it´s missing some of them, but most can be added. On the other hand I assume this would help arguing when being controlled, it´s easily reckognizeable as not real from close distance.
IMG_20160114_110947_zpsattlkzhd.jpg

Handgrip plates and stock are both made from Alu - on a real one the grip plates are indeed sometimes made from alu so that´s great, no need to get other - but the stock should be Bakelit or wood. Shape is OK, but i would love to find a affordable and still not to shabby Bakelit one.
rolleyes.gif

IMG_20160114_110808_zpsndlebhyg.jpg

Under the line: Off course it´not a real deac, but as those go for 5 to 7 times the money as this one, the quality is quite nice. It´s also no MGC, i would say it´s on the level of a Denix. I think it´s a great one for the small amount of money.

And as i noticed today ..... it seems RS used no real MG34 but one of this as the basegun for their own DLT.
blink.png

And sorry for the pic quality - with all the grey outside, i didn´t had enough daylight to have my phone better pics. :(

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: My new DLT-19

This looks pretty cool. Dmilled MG-34 is a no-no here so this metal replica, similar to an airsoft, might be a good choice instead of a resin one. Did they ship it in one piece or was it disassembled? Asking because I'm curious about shipping costs and what kind of box they used.

Re: My new DLT-19

As a real one in one piece, only the stock was separate and needed to put on.

A long and small sided parcel, i paid 6,90€ inside Germany - that´s the price for a standard parcel, no oversize.

Just mail them and ask. :)

That looks like a good start anyway! I was so close to shooting a real full auto one, but it rained all that weekend and the guy didn't want to take it out in the rain...

Knew about this repro for years and even recommended it to some RPF members...way better than any resin MG34 :)

Do you plan to add rigid t track ? If you are fine with rubber... I have a roll of blasstech track that works fine for dressing up the barrel jacket...drop me a line if interested

To be honest .... i´m not sure, yet.

First i thought to order the needed track from Roy.

For trooping i would gladly accept your kind offer - those rubber tracks are way more comfortable than plastic (i used rubber tracks on my Holiday special saber on purpose to distinguish it from the usual tracks).
But, at least for the moment, i think i will go with Marvs tracks. Before Roy offered his i stocked up Marvs track for next to every imagineable project. :lol
Additionally to finally put it on some use, the slighly slimmer base might look nice by exposing more of the barrels holes, and the slighly higher ridge might make them more prominent on such a big fat gun.

Any thoughts? Would like to hear other opinions, as i´m still not set on it. :wacko

I'm thinking I might get one of these in the future, especially since the real deal is not an option. I have a couple things to get before, but this is on my list now

Not at all, in fact thanks for bringing it to my attention. I would have never been totally satisfied with a resin one. This is the best of both worlds.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back