My Mk. 42 build, new STL files for upper arm section

Re: Completed!My go at creating an Iron Man glove (helmet on hold)

Abb
Thank you for the files. I printed up the thumb tip last night. Here a couple of pics. Great work. I'd love to get the rest of the glove if you are willing. .. So excited to update the hands of my warmachine...
Thestuff around the edges while it's printing is support structure that come right off.

Abb
Thank you for the files. I printed up the thumb tip last night. Here a couple of pics. Great work. I'd love to get the rest of the glove if you are willing. .. So excited to update the hands of my warmachine...
Thestuff around the edges while it's printing is support structure that come right off.

So do you guys have 3D printers at home just for this kind of stuff? I thought those things were crazy expensive. The finger joints in this thread or some the sharpest and cleanest I have seen, so if an at home 3D printer is cost effective, I may be looking into that.

Abb....as someone new to this hobby who has spent a lot of time looking at other people's work over the past couple of weeks, this build is superb. It is clean, well constructed, and envy inducing...considering I am working on my own using the old card stock pep method. :)

Good work dude.

Top notch work mate! loving the accuracy of the fingers :thumbsup i used a few similar techniques on my underglove :)

i hope my gloves turn out as good as these bad boys although im doing them the pep way these are just as good :) great job man

I have a rostock max 3d printer from seemecnc.com. you have to assemble it ans calibrate it. But so far it's turning out to be a good machine. I've only had it a month and this finger is the first non calibration piece I've tried.

Abb

Wow! That looks great! Looks like there won't be as much extra work as I thought.
Well, the fingers are all I have atm. The palm piece is a pep of Zabana's HD hands.
I do have the top plates, but those are only good if you are making the 42 gloves.
I have been thinking of modeling the palm as well that will include the articulated thumb plates the prop gloves have.

So do you guys have 3D printers at home just for this kind of stuff? I thought those things were crazy expensive. The finger joints in this thread or some the sharpest and cleanest I have seen, so if an at home 3D printer is cost effective, I may be looking into that.

Abb....as someone new to this hobby who has spent a lot of time looking at other people's work over the past couple of weeks, this build is superb. It is clean, well constructed, and envy inducing...considering I am working on my own using the old card stock pep method. :)

Good work dude.

Hey thanks! :D

You can actually get a printer for around $400-500, but it will be a DIY kit that will require a bit of tinkering to get it working. My printer is currently down due to issues with the nozzle for example...

I still use the card stock method. It works great for larger pieces and is much faster and cheaper than printing.

Top notch work mate! loving the accuracy of the fingers :thumbsup i used a few similar techniques on my underglove :)

Thank you!
Cool to see another one with the same idea. It was a real pain trying to find a good way of getting that texture.
I have been thinking if it's possible to cast the entire inner glove in some kind of flex material. The FX guys apparently did that, but I don't know what material they use...

hey just woundering were would i get a cheepish 3d printer a decent one form ? im from the uk also

Hey man nice build really clean was just wondering (dont think i saw it) what helmet model you're using? and where you got it (just the file name should do!)

hey just woundering were would i get a cheepish 3d printer a decent one form ? im from the uk also

Hey streetsoul, I'm also in the UK and own a printer that works great, the guy who makes them is located in the UK and is always happy to help via email in whats happening , plus the added bonus he stocks the parts so no shipping from abroad. Its a reprap Mendel90, decent 3d printer kit, has done me some amazing prints (waiting to do these fingers in the next couple of weeks). Here's a link to his stuff https://github.com/nophead/Mendel90

Hey streetsoul, I'm also in the UK and own a printer that works great, the guy who makes them is located in the UK and is always happy to help via email in whats happening , plus the added bonus he stocks the parts so no shipping from abroad. Its a reprap Mendel90, decent 3d printer kit, has done me some amazing prints (waiting to do these fingers in the next couple of weeks). Here's a link to his stuff https://github.com/nophead/Mendel90

thanks buddy will check this out :) also how much did this cost ? and is it a full kit with the plastic material for the prints ?

Yeah, a complete inner glove would be brilliant, but possibly not one made of latex/silicone as your hand may get a bit warm in there :p

Hey man nice build really clean was just wondering (dont think i saw it) what helmet model you're using? and where you got it (just the file name should do!)
Thanks! ^^
It's the Sharkmark Mk VI helmet.

Yeah, a complete inner glove would be brilliant, but possibly not one made of latex/silicone as your hand may get a bit warm in there :p

Not to mention it does a good job of squeezing most of the blood out of the fingers as well :p

That is an amazing glove! Very nice! I second the motion that you should include the forearm to it as well. Heck, if you consider making a run, I'm sure there are a few people who would seriously consider parting with their money for even one of these.

Well done!

thanks buddy will check this out :) also how much did this cost ? and is it a full kit with the plastic material for the prints ?

it cost me about £500, its a full kit, comes with a bit of extrusion plastic but not a tonne, i buy mine from china at about £22 a kilo

That is an amazing glove! Very nice! I second the motion that you should include the forearm to it as well. Heck, if you consider making a run, I'm sure there are a few people who would seriously consider parting with their money for even one of these.

Well done!

Seconded. I would be interested n a set if you considered a run.

Excelent work, really clean, prolix, I´m making a mkV model but I go to use, aluminium & kevlar, (greensand mold-metal casting) and I was experimenting with some things to integrate the fingers, 1. metal spring , 2. wire with memory 3. flexible spout double clinching protection, and really works fine, check it, Title

Personal Portable 3D Printer check this bro, is cheap and I see that works very well and have a good soft

Re: First replica build: Iron Man Helmet (+ mk 42 glove)

Some progress;
The gold and most of the red has been painted. Hopefully I'll finish the rest tomorrow.
View attachment 174133

I've also found a suitable inner glove material. A thin sheet of Dragon Skin 10 brushed onto a ribbed plate as a mold and then sewn onto a regular glove.
Works a lot better than my previous ones which were way too thick to fit inside the fingers, or even move the fingers freely. And it doesn't look too shabby either...
View attachment 174134 View attachment 174135 View attachment 174136

Where did you get your repulsor light and how bright is it? Thanks

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back