My Maul style Mandalorian helmet.

Frosteon

IMG_20230516_192252009.jpg
IMG_20230516_192244798.jpg

I wanted to do my own Maul style Mandalorian. he would be someone who sided with Maul after his duel with Pre-Vizsla. (because, that was the terms of the duel.) I had this helmet completed, yet I listened to someone's advice when I shouldn't have, and it only screwed my helmet up after I made three tries before. I'm not making that mistake again. Right now, it's in the primer stages. it looks like it's also been digested by a sarlacc, lol. This will be somewhat slow. and my weathering methods will be a little unusual. you'll see as time goes by what I mean. This is a Jango style from animefan. I have a Jango helmet I will post pictures of at a later point. you can see that thread here: Jango helmet comparison

Thanks gentlemen. That said here is my weathering I mentioned. I'm still just practicing right now, yet does it look like my helmet has survived an explosion or two? Or is it painfully obvious I used a marker and pen, then wiped it off several times with right guard spray?
IMG_20230519_224108120.jpg

IMG_20230614_183158925.jpg
IMG_20230614_183144674.jpg

I cut in the right and left arrows because They were getting too sanded away. So I dremeled out some, and put epoxy in. Does this look too bad? Should I leave it as it is, or look for someone with fiberglass experience to seal it up, and I just put arrow on from black automobile tape decals?

Ultimately, you are the best judge, but my suggestion is to seal it up. IMHO it distracts from a promising helmet.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back