My Ironman MK VI Foam Build update 18/9/2012 First Ever Suit Up and Outing

Re: My Ironman Mark 6 Foam Build update 15/10/2011 Build Complete Painting Left To Do

OK guys i have a quick up date just been playing around with a Little sound module i found on Ebay really cheap from Ebay 10s 10 Sec Sound Voice Recordable Module Chip for Card | eBay £1.68 inc postage bargain

anyway i recorded the repulsor sound on it from my PC cut off the button and added a tilt switch also a bargain from Ebay here eBay - The UK's Online Marketplace £3.83 for 10 inc postage I'm going to use one of these for the light on the glove so it works the same way .

so Ive fixed it all together roughly as i still need to paint to see how it works see what you think :)

Repulsor Blast Test.MOV - YouTube

Re: My Ironman Mark 6 Foam Build update 21/10/2011 Repulsor Blast Sound Test

I would love to try to make this but have a mac and can not download the pep files. Anyone have any suggestions?

thanks!

I would love to try to make this but have a mac and can not download the pep files. Anyone have any suggestions?

thanks!
shoot j0wE a pm the guy just above your post if you look at the bottom of his post he can convert pep files to pdf's so you can view and print them on your mac

Re: My Ironman Mark 6 Foam Build update 15/10/2011 Build Complete Painting Left To Do

OK guys i have a quick up date just been playing around with a Little sound module i found on Ebay really cheap from Ebay 10s 10 Sec Sound Voice Recordable Module Chip for Card | eBay £1.68 inc postage bargain

anyway i recorded the repulsor sound on it from my PC cut off the button and added a tilt switch also a bargain from Ebay here eBay - The UK's Online Marketplace £3.83 for 10 inc postage I'm going to use one of these for the light on the glove so it works the same way .

so Ive fixed it all together roughly as i still need to paint to see how it works see what you think :)

Repulsor Blast Test.MOV - YouTube

I love this! :love
I wish I had time to try it out myself. Thanks for posting Demolition.

How did you over come the natural curve of the foam from where its been rolled up ?

I'd imagine by using a heat gun? However, I am wondering the same question...

Also require scaling advise...

I am 6ft 1", 15st, 32" waist & 42" chest. Will the original scaling work?

Any more updates on your build looks great so far

Re: My Ironman Mark 6 Foam Build update 27/4/2012 helmet paint complete

Hi guys its been a while i know but just a quick update i had some spare time over the last couple of days so thought i would try and finish my helmet, Ive weathered it because i don't think you can get a new look using foam, I'm quite happy how its turned out just need to get my butt moving on the rest of the suit lol, Anyway see what you think.

f6b0b1d5.jpg

4ff7837e.jpg

d84f35c8.jpg

9596fc31.jpg

c87de54f.jpg

How did you over come the natural curve of the foam from where its been rolled up ?

heat gun normally does the trick but sometimes on certain pieces the natural curve helps the build you just need to work out which pieces need to curve which way

I'd imagine by using a heat gun? However, I am wondering the same question...

Also require scaling advise...

I am 6ft 1", 15st, 32" waist & 42" chest. Will the original scaling work?

I'm 6' and used original scale i just added extra pieces on the abs to get my belly in lol oh and plus 10% on helmet

Re: My Ironman Mark 6 Foam Build update 27/4/2012 helmet paint complete

OK looking at the pics i didn't like the weathering i thing there was too much so I've toned it down a bit and finished the neck seal as well

094da3de.jpg

2b3b59e2.jpg

80f7b942.jpg

Hi everyone... I am desperate for the ironman armour in PDF... I have a mac and have tried many times to run an emulator to run pepakura but no luck, I'm not much of an IT guy. Any help would really be appreciated...

Thanx

Seems us mac users are all in the same boat ;) totally sucks.... I am looking for any full ironman suit in PDF... Aaaarrrrgh it's frustrating

Nice build mate :) I'm starting my own suit in foam, it's amazing how quickly it comes together

I've tried 3 times to make a card stock/fibreglass/bondo helm and botched it.

I'm working with 12mm Eva foam so it's definitely too thick for a helm, but I have some 6mm on its way so I might try a foam helm.

The only critique I'd make is that the nose bridge (for lack of a better term) seems too high, giving him something of a surprised expression. I'm not sure if that can be corrected with a heat gun and a bit more hot glue though.

Are you going to try XRobots technique with plastic coating the foam?

Re: My Ironman Mark 6 Foam Build update 15/5/2012 Helmet/Neck/Chest/Shoulders complet

Hi guys just a quick update i have now completed the Chest/Back/Neck seal/Shoulders and Helmet including paint and weathering, I have also finished and installed the arc reactor and fitted lights into the helmet see what you think so far.....

a9dcb424.jpg

4c471db9.jpg

bdd7d465.jpg

856f6c06.jpg

0ed95174.jpg

3c041b23.jpg

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back