My Ironman MK VI Foam Build update 18/9/2012 First Ever Suit Up and Outing

Re: My Ironman Mark 6 Foam Build update 15/10/2011 Left Boot Done

awwwwww, I liked the idea of making wedding belts

so is it painted yet? lol

awwwwww, I liked the idea of making wedding belts

so is it painted yet? lol

no Ive started shoulders are primed and helmet and neck need another coat or two Ive got no money for paint yet :( maybe next month

what are you using to paint it? how much does this cost? should I get a second mortgage now or is it ok to wait til at least half the build is done? (this forum has been very educational)

what are you using to paint it? how much does this cost? should I get a second mortgage now or is it ok to wait til at least half the build is done? (this forum has been very educational)

Ok first 3 coats of PVA which is about £12 for 5 litres then 2 coats of white Auto primer about £7 for 400ml 3 coats of colour £7 for 400ml then 2 coats of laguer £7 for 400ml and i think its going to take about a tin of each for each piece and maybe 2 for chest and back

i would recommend you finish the build first ive had to adjust bit to fit better and once your happy with the fit of it all then paint it

finish, start same same :)
first i'd have to find someone who would wear it, i'm a 5'2 female, i'm pretty sure iron man is not for me. but i do like to watch the armour being built

Re: My Ironman Mark 6 Foam Build update 15/10/2011 Build Complete Painting Left To Do

hi guys finished my build today I'm happy with it just need to PVA it not and add some colour pls excuse the white shoulders and half finished helmet as you can see Ive started the painting the helmet it still masked off and needs another coat of red but wanted to suit up in full to see what it was like

Is it me or when you suit up does anyone else hear the music from the first film when you first see the mark 2 in your head lol

Anyway see what you think :)

3f607325.jpg

f494e64d.jpg

8ae60182.jpg

Re: My Ironman Mark 6 Foam Build update 15/10/2011 Build Complete Painting Left To Do

Looks awesome dude :) I might have to take a trip over the river to steal some tips :p

Excellent work! I can't wait til I get to that point. I just barely finished my back.

Excellent work! I can't wait til I get to that point. I just barely finished my back.
yeah your back looks really clean mate much better than mine you build will turn out good

Will you be wearing this to the Barge or Gullivers for halloween? :)

Will you be wearing this to the Barge or Gullivers for halloween? :)
lol wont be finished for halloween :( and i dont think i would fit in the toilet in the barge lol

Once you fit in a toilet, how long will it take you to pee???

Once you fit in a toilet, how long will it take you to pee???

lol not long ive got velcro under the crotch and a zipper in my undersuit im screwed if its a number 2 tho lmao :lol

Note to self 'plan for iron poo when making crotch'

I just got to EVA, yours looks very nice. Hope you finish by Halloween.

good craftsmanship, but pardon me for saying it but it looks like the cod piece is on backword : X

good craftsmanship, but pardon me for saying it but it looks like the cod piece is on backword : X

No it's the right way it's just how the foam is sitting because it needs fixing under the crotch

haven't accidentally found several hundred quid under the sofa cushions so you can paint this have you?

no?

just checking..

Re: My Ironman Mark 6 Foam Build update 10/10/2011 Left Thigh Done

Just Auto paint but ill need about 1 tin of primer/top coat/laquer for each piece i recon and at £7 per tin that works out alot and money's tight at the min having not long got back from eygpt on hols lol , No not finished yet still got right thigh/left and right shins/boots and side pods to do ive been off work all week with a bad back i thought i would get loads done but its been to painful to sit at the table so todays been the first time building in days

What makes you think you need so much paint? I have used 2 tins to paint mine so far with just the legs to do. I got the plasticote stuff from wilkinsons and it sits nice on the foam once I had sealed it with pva, there wasn't any need for primer. I did a base coat using the metalic silver where I wanted weathing and that worked ok.

We need to set up a donation service so he can finish this by halloween.
Great work btw. Patience you definately have.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back