My Ghostbuster 1 Proton Pack

Spengler28

Hi there is my Generic Gb1 Proton Pack, im calling it generic cause i used details from the different hero pack (Sony, Minnesota etc...)

There is some pictures with descriptions

Proton pack General shots
Pack2.jpg

Pack1.jpg

Pack3.jpg

Genuine vintage LC1 Alice frame with strap and back pad.
Pack4.jpg

Since i added the foam in the top Ray's style
SAM_0280.jpg

PackSpacer1.jpg

PackRivet2.jpg

PackRivet3.jpg

PackSpacer2.jpg

Aluminium Labels, the fuse label will be change for a more accuate one soon.
Pack5.jpg

PackGearBoxLabel.jpg

PackBumperLabel.jpg

PackHGALabel.jpg

Genuine vintage Legris 4MM Elbows
Pack4MMElbow1.jpg

Pack4MMElbow2.jpg

Also with a Vintage Nycoil Yellow Tube with the black letter
Pack4MMElbow3.jpg

Bellow replica, customized, still searching hard for an original one :p
PackBellow.jpg

Packbluetube.jpg

PackBlue-redTube.jpg

PackBoosterweld.jpg

PackBoosterWeld2.jpg

PackClippardValve.jpg

Genuine vintage Raytheon crak knob
PackCrankKnob.jpg

PackEDANipple.jpg

PackFIllerPlug.jpg

PackInjector.jpg

Genuine vintage straight Legris fittings
PackLegrisStraight.jpg

PackN-Filter.jpg

PackN-FIlterDryRub.jpg

PackPacificResistor.jpg

Pacific.jpg

PackP-Clamp.jpg

PackPH25.jpg

Home made Ribbon Cable
PackRibbonClamp.jpg

PackTubing.jpg

PackVacuum1.jpg

PackVacuum2.jpg

Cyclotron dot like the Minnesota pack
PackWhitedot1.jpg

PackWhitedot2.jpg

Thrower1.jpg

Thrower2.jpg

Thrower3.jpg

Thrower4.jpg

Thrower5.jpg

Thrower6.jpg

Genuine vintage Legris Banjo
ThrowerBanjo.jpg

ThrowerGrip1.jpg

ThrowerGrip2.jpg

ThrowerGrip3.jpg

ThrowerHatLight1.jpg

ThrowerHatLight2.jpg

ThrowerHeatsink.jpg

ThrowerSideDisk.jpg

ThrowerTrack.jpg

ThrowerWeld1.jpg

ThrowerWeld2.jpg

ThrowerWeld3.jpg

Since thoses pictures i added a bit more weathering, im always at modifying it abd searching for more accurate parts:)

Thanks for watching :)

Very nice build looks great. I do have one suggestion (although I don't know if you were looking for any so I'm sorry if I'm out of line here) There is a detail you could add on the booster/eda. Corner is knocked off in the lower left side. Here is a picture of mine.
IMG_0153.jpg

I should find a picture of one of the screen used ones but you get the idea from the pic.

Actually it's a whole bevel, all the way down. Trying to find a pic from a screen used too. ;)

And if I may, I have a suggestion of my own: the filler tube and beam line both have a base plate welded to them. It's a square plate, 1/8" thick, 1 1/2" to a side. Here they are on my pack (no it doesn't have the bevel either :p)

3787_8687394604.jpg

Thanks for the good comment, indeed the bevel is a very interesting detail but it will need to sand my Fiber shell and fill itwith putty and i dont feel to it atm LOL but any suggestion are always welcome!!

Perfect, every detail is there, may I ask please what is the dome in between the lc1 frame and the mobo? Looks like a bell?

This "Dome" is a rubber to hold the mobo, i used a rubber door stopper, already back adhesive, just drill a hole for the carriage bolt then paint it b;ack, voila :)

Honestly, the amount of detail and accuracy in this pack is amazing. I love when people use exact vintage parts. The dots on the cyclotron lenses and the wearing away of the paint on the grips are two of my favorite details on Proton Packs. The only thing I notice that I think needs work is the radius on your cyclotron's bevel. It seems to sharp in comparison to the real packs. Check out the new reference on GBFans of the Sony lobby packs and you'll see what I mean.

Otherwise, this is an absolutely spectacular proton pack and one that will be remembered and envied for years.

Thanks for the kind word!! A pack, like any props is never totally done, by the time of this picture i added detail and i changed some things, add weathering.

@ATimeForHeroics : Yah i noticed that, same thing for the bevel in the down left corner of the EDA box, i think im just too lazy for sandind the fiberglass at this time :p

On the update i changed my HGA to a more accurate one, My old one was a bit too smaller.
Pack15.jpg

Second i completely rebuilt my N-Filter, now he is 3'' OD Accurate! With the grill and mesh inside of course.
Pack7.jpg

Pack9.jpg

Pack8.jpg

Also changed the 1/4'' thick foam for the correct 1/2'' one.
Pack23.jpg

And some shot and close cut of the general weathering...
A-Pack.jpg

A-Pack3.jpg

A-Pack2.jpg

HGA.jpg

Pack1.jpg

Pack2.jpg

Pack3.jpg

Pack4.jpg

Pack5.jpg

Pack10.jpg

Pack13.jpg

Pack14.jpg

Pack16.jpg

Pack19.jpg

Pack21.jpg

Pack22.jpg

Pack24.jpg

And the weathering on the thrower
Thrower2.jpg

Thrower4.jpg

Thrower5.jpg

Thrower6.jpg

Thrower7.jpg

Thrower10.jpg

Next step and last (i think) finding a real bellow and a Genuine GB1 Cable...Whew... I know!
Cool.gif

Next step and last (i think) finding a real bellow and a Genuine GB1 Cable...Whew... I know!
Cool.gif

Good luck on the real cable. You'll be heralded as a King in the GB Community when you locate/ID it lol. Last guy who claimed to have found one was a fake and just trying to raise a scene. The bellows, on the other hand, I'm not sure if it's been ID'd or not, but good luck with both!

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back