My GB1 proton pack

slimesquare

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
So its halloween time....so I thought I'd share my favorite ghost catching equipment. My proton pack consists of a lot of metal parts....the whole gun is metal with metal parts. The bumper is cast off a screen used GB2 bumper, the grips were cast off screen used grips, and so was the tube ladder. I have a real bumper bellows along with real legris elbows. The resistors on the pack are real, as well the crank knob. The injector tubes on the side are metal, as well as the HGA. Now the shell...the shell was retro fitted to be a GB1 shell. The person I got this from had a shell from the production molds and did very extensive research to get these to screen accuracy. Only thing he left out was that the N-filter in GB1 was metal and bolted to the shell as in GB2 it was molded on.

So here are some pics

100_0805.jpg

100_0804.jpg

100_0803.jpg

100_0802.jpg

100_0801.jpg

100_0800.jpg

yea...finding some of the old parts was a pain in the butt....the correct first gen legris elbows are very hard too find. And I still need to add lights and sound to it, so I'm not done yet lol

While he makes decent lights zombie amusements has been banned on GBfans for recasting. Not sure how that really comes into play here but its known.

ive been looking into either using r2devo or crix. But i know crix doesnt offer gun lights and i'm not sure if the two are compatible with each other ( i.e if I can just cross wire them together) But to get it even more accurate I have one of the HGA washer stickers coming from gbfans so that'll be nice. Only thing left will be if I want to cut off the N-filter and use a metal one

Wow I know this is from last year but Ive never seen a build where all cast parts can be traced back to originals.

Impressive pack, and couch!

nope, haven't bought anything for it, i'm pretty happy with where it is. I do plan on building a display case but thats about it

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back