My Gauntlets

Damn good job, man! But one question... what is that Sintra stuff? Doesn't see it anytime here in germany. :)

Hi Uhlakk, the plastic has a few names, Most in the USA know it as Sintra, but it is also called Foamex in some place's.. hope that helps... :)

And thanks fellow Hunters on you comments... :D

I'll add my voice to the chorus seeing as I somehow missed this thread before. And I'll say Damn!! Those gaunts look the biz. Never occured to me to do two sets of bladed gauntlets. Great idea and really nice execution (pun intended)
cheers :eek:

That's pretty f&%k n hot!!! nice work, I wish i could do **** like that......... very nice can't wait to see them all painted.........

Well just an update on these Gaunts, I am almost done on the paint job on these. I will update with pics very soon..

Wow, great job! Yet another idea in mind now for my armor delema!! I will look around for this stuff most definately

Well with much delight I can now say these Gauntlets are finished. The strangest thing was that when I picked up the green to do all my armour it was called Hunters Green.. To my horror when it was sprayed the green looked horrid. But with some brown town downs, and some dark wash's then the final Silver wash it all turned out good. So the rest of my armour is going to be done all the same way....

Here are the finsished Gauntlets....... Enjoy... The Blades look bright, they have been stain washed, the light outside was quite bright today.

S8300777.jpg

S8300775.jpg

S8300776.jpg

S8300774.jpg

The following 2 pics are before the silver wash, and show the destruct panel open and closed on my left Gauntlet.

S8300769.jpg

S8300768.jpg

Some other pics taken indoors

S8300767.jpg

S8300770.jpg

looking great man this suit is gonna be amazing!. How do you plan to make the skin , are you gonna do a mr.i

Thanks Dark Hunter. I have a bought a wolverine costume, and will be going the same route as many with the layering of latex onto it. I am going to make a Mannequin of myself using chicken wire. Then I will end up paper mashaying the wire after its all shaped. Then cover the mashay in duck tape, before putting the wolverine outfit on the mannequin. Thats the plan..

also mate did you use the sintra for the handle to pull the blades in and out ?

The blade pully handel was made out of a nut and bolt with a washer, and a PC Keyboard key for the button. This all moves along a wooden rod, with a housing that I made from the Sintra plastic.

VEEEERY NICE WORK! :)

I've always wanted my predator to sport dual blade gauntlets as well & I've just worked out a deal w/ another member where that may soon become a reality for me too! I really love the basic concept behind having dual blade gaunts w/o any bomb gaunt whatsoever. I've always thought that its a very powerful statement of showing he's an ultimate Predator, a hunter that never gives in & never fails...no matter what!
I want to call it my "Super-Awesome-Ultra-Perfect-Dealer-Of-Massive-Instant-Death-Master-Killer-Hunter-Predator" (Dun-Dun-DUUUUUN)!!! Although, it's still just a wip title for now, cuz I think it's still a bit too "cute & cuddly" sounding.

hi valcar , just wondering what type of paint are you using for this sintra ?

Sorry for delay, not been with it lately.... flu, cold.... you name it....

I used car primer, and plastic spray from Hobbie craft here in the uk. Plastek or something its called... hope that helps.. :(

This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back