my first tries at props

Re: my lame tries at props

thank you very much everyone, and I changed the title of my post because as Garthok pointed out that at least I am making props and giving it my best

Last edited:
I think all of those look really awesome! You definitely have skill
I really like your son's Legend of Zelda shield and your Zydrate gun. I have considered getting a Graverobber costume together, and if I do, I will definitely need to come up with a zydrate gun of some sort
Very nicely done!

o.k I have not seen many of these, but I thought it was kind of cool. It's the electromagnet that Tony Stark received in the cave to help keep the shrapnel out of his heart. The project started out fairly well but then my multiple sclerosis kicked in and I started getting real bad tremors so things went kinda wacky for a bit, then I dropped it the damn thing on the floor so I am starting a new one as soon as my hands stop shaking, could be a day, could be a year who knows. Anyway here it is.. In this "reality" S.H.E.I.L.D. returned to the original cave to retrieve any tech that Tony may have left behind. One of the things they found was this highly damaged electromagnet that was made for him...
smdeskclearmag.jpg

magwithhelmsm.jpg

Half arsed my arse! I think you've done very well with the items you have. Personally, I see nothing wrong here. As long as people appreciate what you have made, and you enjoy it, it's all good.

Yeah what give, I was expecting to see something other than what you have shown us, I'm with BAK55, top work dude and very well made, keep building your props :thumbsup :)

Hey man! i'm diggin' the Captain America shield, i was thinking of making one of my own. i just need a measurement. how long is it in inches?

Mate I looked at the thread mainly because your title annoyed me. Then you annoyed me even more by saying your work was half arsed. First of all it is not half arsed at all, and secondly you are making props, there are major kudos for scratch building props in the first place.

So cut it out, show your props proudly because they are original and well done. Welcome aboard too!

Well said! I agree! :cool:thumbsup

a couple more w.i.p.

a gale boomarang from L.O.Z

P1070122.jpg

WWII Darth Vader by Stark Industries
P1070118.jpg

and finally a sign for my garden Thor Hammer

P1070136.jpg

and final

P1070139.jpg

Last edited:
hey, really nice work! I would have thought you'd been doing this for awhile, not knowing....keep it up!

So I was going to post this big long description of how I made this but then I found others had already done this, so I'm just going to show the final pics of my "Thor's Hammer in the mud" toy hammer display
P1070152.jpg

and

P1070147.jpg

my wife thinks it looks like an ant hill, others have told me it looks like a T-Rex shat out a hammer and a sign, IMO i think it looks pretty good

Love the Doctor Who Terrarium .. First pic was great then to see the whole project on the second pic was GREAT !
Good job on all of it !!

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back