my first tries at props

I'm a newbie here so I hope I'm putting this in the right area, anyway...
I've always wanted to own movie props and what-not, but cash has always been a huge problem so I started making my own , then I had kids and for halloween I started making costumes and make-ups. I have no real skills and hope to learn from all the great people here at the RPF. I just wanted to post some of my attempts at things thru the years with hopes to get some crits from you , thanks in advanced and I hope these pics are not too large JS

First up is my Zydrate Gun from Repo the genetic opera

zydrategun.jpg

Last edited:
Re: my lame tries at props

My vampire hunters kit with all the stuff including a small mirror, the mirror is to see if a vampire is stalking you, hold up the mirror so you can see behind you , if you don't see a vampire run like hell :lol:lol

vampirehunter.jpg

Half arsed my arse! I think you've done very well with the items you have. Personally, I see nothing wrong here. As long as people appreciate what you have made, and you enjoy it, it's all good.

Last edited:

my "recovered" piece of the 1947 UFO crash in Roswell N.M.

the tag reads :
Unknown Metal
Roswell N.M. 1947
General Ramey
Unknown aircraft wreckage
July 1947 Ranch Incident Artifact

roswelldebris.jpg

some other cool things including my son's Shield from Legend of Zelda

hylandshield.jpg

The Holy Grail from Indiana Jones with some boxes from Hellraiser, it's all about balance ya know?

grailshelf.jpg

I don't see why you say these are lame attempts. Like anyone else -either here or any place- the more you do, the better you get.

Keep at it! If there's something that stumps you, this is the place to research what others have done or ask questions. (y)thumbsup

Last edited:

Captain America Shield from a Trash can lid, Boba Fett Helmet and an Aztec Golden Flyer thats it for now I'm sure I posted enough for one day

captshield.jpg

boba.jpg

ancientflyer.jpg

ok guys till next time Thanks for your comments I've already gotten and I welcome your input BTW I am currently working on the Electromagnet from Iron Man I that Tony Stark had put in when his own weapon blew him up, Not the Arc Reactor but the first magnet thingy

LOVE the vampire hunting kit you put together ! It looks very 'authentic' :lol

:) (y)thumbsup(y)thumbsup:thumbsup

Mate I looked at the thread mainly because your title annoyed me. Then you annoyed me even more by saying your work was half arsed. First of all it is not half arsed at all, and secondly you are making props, there are major kudos for scratch building props in the first place.

So cut it out, show your props proudly because they are original and well done. Welcome aboard too!

Mate I looked at the thread mainly because your title annoyed me. Then you annoyed me even more by saying your work was half arsed...
I agree completely. Your work is definitely full arsed! Very cool collection you have there :thumbsup

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back