My first sculpt

tharegard

Hi everybody!

I'm a predator fan from Italy.

Here's my first predator head sculpt, it's the second sculpt i ever done in my life but, I'm pretty happy with the result.
It takes about one week and it's made with water clay.

Next step it's the mold

_IGP7630.JPG

_IGP7632.JPG

Aawww hes cute :( Parden my girly self but you have a fantastic sculpt. Very smooth an detailed. Now just a small question... Where are the dread holes?

really pretty and clean sculpt there is just something i cant put my finger on , love the design but i think maybe the lower jaw should be a lil longer to match the proportion of the head but i love it great work

Hi Tharegard, It's looking good and I am by no means an expert as I am still working through my first sculpt but here's my thoughts. Things I like are the detailing on the cheeks and running up the mandibles, it gives a really good feeling of skin that is designed to stretch when it get's to roaring. I really like the reptilian approach especially with the crown ridge. The other thing I like is the wrinkles across the bridge of the 'nose' between and under the eyes. The only things I think you might want to look at would be making the skin texture a little more organic and less structured as it looks almost too clean and neat. And this might just be me but the mouth and chin look a little too human. Anyway, just my thoughts from a fellow first time sculpter.

Hi Tharegard, It's looking good and I am by no means an expert as I am still working through my first sculpt but here's my thoughts. Things I like are the detailing on the cheeks and running up the mandibles, it gives a really good feeling of skin that is designed to stretch when it get's to roaring. I really like the reptilian approach especially with the crown ridge. The other thing I like is the wrinkles across the bridge of the 'nose' between and under the eyes. The only things I think you might want to look at would be making the skin texture a little more organic and less structured as it looks almost too clean and neat. And this might just be me but the mouth and chin look a little too human. Anyway, just my thoughts from a fellow first time sculpter.

Tankyou Giles for your advice :)

I agree with you about the mouth and chin, I'm working now for make it better and more alien.

The skin texture is no so clean and smooth as the picture make seems, I think that after the mold and with a good painting job it will look really organic.

Ps. I've got inspiration from my turtles, look at the crown :lol:

i agree with what has been said already.great start and very unique texture design.as far as the dimentions of the face,it would be really easy to see the difference and tell wut you have to change if u open another pic of say a P1 or P2 and set it next to your sculpture pic.compare the two and the problem areas will be really easy to spot and adjust.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back