My First Sculpt Head First Resin Latex#120 Apocalypse Pred

The name may be "TROCAR"   it means "Trocars are also used near the end of the embalming process to provide drainage of bodily fluids and organs"

Still undecided yet-- More suggestions welcomed

Here are the dread sockets-- I added some scales down by the front as well. Not sure if I am going to do more of these sockets as they will be covered by the dreads, maybe just some texturing at the neckline on the back. in process of molding the mandibles also so they will be ready. Smoothed some of the crown a bit-- still deciding if I want to add more details here and there--sometimes too much is too much. A good paint job on this will go a long way.
Still want to do a little on the cheek area, not sure if I should do something on the areas of the crown where there is nothing as well as the diamond area--
Still not sure about the brow area too-- might make some changes there too-

P1030098.jpg.gif

P1030097.jpg.gif

P1030096.jpg.gif

P1030095.jpg.gif

P1030094.jpg.gif

P1030093.jpg.gif

P1030099.jpg.gif

Open for ideas and comments, suggestions--not that I will use them all, but sometimes different eyes can help.

Great job Eaglewood!
I've just recently got into the pred costume making scene hence this is my first post. I knew I had to sign up and tell ya good job. I've been watching you're videos and ill be following this thread closely.

With the heavy scales and the boney crown Made007 and CalgaryBound have the right idea i think. A Marsh Apocalyptic predator for sure.

I know you havent started working too much on the back of the head but here is my idea. It may be a little tough to create but since it looks like you're gonna have bone surrounding the dread holes you should wrap some skin around the bone so it looks like the dreads are almost being pulled out of the head. kind of like a tooth that is coming in in a childs mouth how its pushing its way through the gums. IDK if you can see it like i do but i think it would look stellar.
Keep up the fantastic work!

Untamed said:
Great job Eaglewood!
I've just recently got into the pred costume making scene hence this is my first post. I knew I had to sign up and tell ya good job. I've been watching you're videos and ill be following this thread closely.

With the heavy scales and the boney crown Made007 and CalgaryBound have the right idea i think. A Marsh Apocalyptic predator for sure.

I know you havent started working too much on the back of the head but here is my idea. It may be a little tough to create but since it looks like you're gonna have bone surrounding the dread holes you should wrap some skin around the bone so it looks like the dreads are almost being pulled out of the head. kind of like a tooth that is coming in in a childs mouth how its pushing its way through the gums. IDK if you can see it like i do but i think it would look stellar.
Keep up the fantastic work!
First post and I get it-- cool-- I appreciate the comments for sure. I can visualize wha tyu are saying as well about the skin-- Imight try to do that with latex or silicone after----In the meantime if I was you I would head over to the Introduce yourself section and let everyone know who you are--
Welcome to the madness.

Clay, I was waiting to see where you were going with this. It does look gruesome for sure. one critique, I would suggest detailing the **** out of the skin. You might think the final paint will cover it all up but it really does make a difference. Keep hittin it dude. By the way, we are still waiting for a spear update.

alphatech686 said:
Clay, I was waiting to see where you were going with this. It does look gruesome for sure. one critique, I would suggest detailing the **** out of the skin. You might think the final paint will cover it all up but it really does make a difference. Keep hittin it dude. By the way, we are still waiting for a spear update.
Jeff,
I for sure plan on detailing out the skin texture quite a bit-- Already had that in mind. I have a couple of other things to get done before i can hit the spear full bore-- kind of waiting on my CNC machine to arrive!!!!  Its grinding at me though for sure-- I look at it everyday and want to drop everything else to get on it-- but have to watch my priorities as well-- dont want to rush it for sure.  Loving your updates. I can only imagine you walking around with all the hardware you have been creating!!!!

i love you'r technique with the clay :) is it a softer type? i use nsp medium on my build, not really happy since i need to reheat it so often... but it's great when it finally comes to moulding the thing

great job btw!

nightshadow said:
i love you'r technique with the clay :) is it a softer type? i use nsp medium on my build, not really happy since i need to reheat it so often... but it's great when it finally comes to moulding the thing

great job btw!
it is a softer clay-- I may have screwed myself by using it-- Ill have to be careful when doing the molding for sure. It is way easier to work with though.

eaglewood said:
it is a softer clay-- I may have screwed myself by using it-- Ill have to be careful when doing the molding for sure. It is way easier to work with though.
i guess it's always gonna be pros and cons. all the times i've burned myself using my clay :p hehehe
can't wait to see how this turns out. good luck! :)

Im kinda at a sticking point-- not sure how much more detail I should do to this-- Dont want it crazy busy Jeff suggested more skin texture, I agree-- But overall I am thinking that the main parts are there and now just need to be cleaned up and defined, skin textures added and such-- What do you all think?

Im kinda in limbo here--

eaglewood said:
Im kinda at a sticking point-- not sure how much more detail I should do to this-- Dont want it crazy busy Jeff suggested more skin texture, I agree-- But overall I am thinking that the main parts are there and now just need to be cleaned up and defined, skin textures added and such-- What do you all think?

Im kinda in limbo here--
Sounds good to me, smooth it baby!!!

nightshadow said:
i guess it's always gonna be pros and cons. all the times i've burned myself using my clay :p hehehe
can't wait to see how this turns out. good luck! :)
Lets see-- using my clay  hmmmm   sounds like it could be a problem!!!!

Like I said, more smoothing, clean up and detailing-- what about the veins on the cheek and the spikes on the crown-- yes or no??

P1030110_zps3e2b2a60.jpg.gif

P1030109_zps724f598b.jpg.gif

P1030108_zpsfdc4c007.jpg.gif

P1030111_zpsd2e3eddd.jpg.gif

Its looking good man! The more texture the better at this stage from what I have seen. I dont know how it looks in person but i think there is some space behind the eyes and mandibles that could use some texturing. looking forward to seeing you pull this out of the mold

Trevor / The Untamed

Here is the new lower mandible that I sculpted, cast in resin and have distressed a bit-- Will do a lot more to it, just wanted to be sure the look was right.

DSC08245_zps8bd3fa44.jpg.gif

DSC08241_zps3b5d5368.jpg.gif

DSC08242_zpsd35f88bc.jpg.gif

DSC08243_zps7489eb68.jpg.gif

DSC08244_zps0f436c65.jpg.gif

Well, I contacted my buddy Bob Causey and am going to take the piece to his house over the weekend to clean it up, detail it and add some of his input. Cant wait-- if we get this done then I should be making the mold next week!!!!

I am going to do the first pull out of silicone and then latex after. I may even make a resin copy.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back