My First Prop!! (Nuka-Cola Quantum)(Pic. heavy)

DirtyWizard

After about 3 weeks (way too long, i know) my FIRST PROP is finally done!!! :) My goal was to create a Nuka-Cola Quantum from the Fallout series, my favorite video games. This was very rewarding for me, and will be something i will try to keep forever. Any and all feedback would be very appreciated. Now without further ado,
View attachment 91023
Here is the finished unlit product
View attachment 91024
The bottom/base i made using a wooden pedastal painted chrome, scratched up, and then dry brushed to look like rust. I then made the mound out of flower foam, for lack of a better name. Just that green foam that you stick fake flowers and stuff in. I shaved it down and made it hollow so i could fit the light in it. I then flocked it with model dirt. The slope is pretty steep, but it's what i had to work with, and i'm fine with it. I also added misc. items like the shotgun shell, bottle cap, and bobby pins.
View attachment 91025
This was also my very first attempt at dry-brushing (Feedback?)
View attachment 91026
Another view
View attachment 91027
I know this is really hard to see, but what i did here was take the original coke cap, scratched it clean, painted it blue, and then hand painted the Nuka-Cola logo on it. I then proceded to scratch it up and add some dry-brushed rust effects. Trust me, it looks a lot better in person.
View attachment 91028
Here it is finally lit, and i couldn't ask for anything more.
View attachment 91029
Another view

So that's that guys, please tell me what you think and if i should keep doing this. Between this and school, it was pretty time consuming. Also, one last thing, if i should keep doing this, what should i do next? I love video games, especially ones like fallout, but i also love tv and movies, just anything that comes to mind, maybe put it at the end of your reply. Thanks everyone!:)

Thanks a lot, it took me just a few minutes to sand the bottle, but the dry-brushing is what took the longest and was the hardest to do.

Awesome prop. Fallout is one of my favorite games as well. I agree with the previous replies, the weathering is very good. Great job.

Thank you so much guys. The fact that you are all noticing my weathering job really means a lot, and makes me think that i could keep doing this! Thanks a lot Leo, but i'm sure this is mediocre to some others out there.

Thanks again guys, you are really too kind. to Sluis, i just used water and blue food coloring. I thinned out the color until i thought it looked good, then gave it some cloudiness by putting my paintbrush in a bit of blue paint, then rinsing it off/ (somewhat jamming it into the bottom) until it gave it a little cloudy effect.

Thanks again guys, you are really too kind. to Sluis, i just used water and blue food coloring. I thinned out the color until i thought it looked good, then gave it some cloudiness by putting my paintbrush in a bit of blue paint, then rinsing it off/ (somewhat jamming it into the bottom) until it gave it a little cloudy effect.

I did that, but I had issues with it separating. I eventually got some of that bright blue pop from the grocery store, and it's worked like a charm. Haven't been able to seal the cap, though, so it's evaporating slowly.

HOLY ****!! I signed up for this website just to tell you how beautiful your work is. You did an amazing job and I'm not even a big fan of Fallout but I am an artist and your work was just incredible.

Whoa...that is incredible! For your first prop..dam. Great paint job and i love that color blue that it glows. Really like the base,it's really awesome.

:):thumbsup

All I can say is wow... This puts mine to SHAME, and I'm so happy about it. Now I have to make my own attempt at something close to this lol. THANK YOU!!! =)

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back