My first Human-esque sculpt

Gilmortar

Sr Member
I was commisioned by a group here in Oklahoma to sculpt them a "mascot style" head for them. They are an acting group called the OK Shakespeare in the Park, and they perform, of course, Shakespeare, in a park in the summers.

They were wanting a Mascot size "bobblehead/cartoon-esque" William Shakespeare head to be worn by an actor, and as I had sculpted before, I figured I would take this on. This is my first real attempt at the human face in any sorts as mostly I do armor pieces like Biker Scouts and such like that normally when it comes to sculpting things. But here it is...give me your criticisms please. I'm looking to better my sculpting skills when it comes to the human face.

Photo7.jpg

Photo8.jpg

I haven't added the hair yet...I'm going to add that tomorrow, as now I'm somewhat tired, but what do you guys think? How am I doing so far?

I think it looks fine. For a real head I think the brow is a bit sharp, but for a bobble head, you want it kinda cartoony.

Pat

I agree, when I first started it they were WAY huge, and looked more like the puppet from Saw then Willie Shakespeare. But yeah, had I been going for a more realistic aspect, I would have softened it more.

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back