My First Ever Attempt At Sculpting Pred Mask Wip

DMTDeadpool

Hello Hunters!

I am aiming for a P1 style mask. This is my first ever attempt at sculpting anything, so this is a new experience for me.

I got 12.5 kg of clay to start with and a styrofoam head as an armature. I am looking to do a partially open mouth but am willing, should this task be too advanced for me, to do a half mask.

With that, the first pics of my project.

Day 1:
Armature covered in a layer of clay, eyes, nose and forehead fleshed out a bit more.
IMG_0093.JPG

IMG_0094.JPG

IMG_0095.JPG

IMG_0101.JPG

IMG_0097.JPG

IMG_0099.JPG

IMG_0096.JPG

If anyone has tips, or advice would be most helpful. I am using the P1 bio I have made from Pep as my template.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just an update on this. I have changed my mind and am going to do a wolf style mask, though most likely without the burn tissue. I will take a break from sculpting to remake the Wolf Pred Bio. The one I made has become very warped, and it was my first attempt at pep. The pep bio shouldn't take too long to do, I am much better at Pep than I was then.

Since this is the Bio I am going to use with the mask, It will give me a good template for sizing this sculpt.

More on this later. 

DMTDeadpool

Hey folks, DMTDeadpool here again!

An update on my sculpt, few new pictures. Am almost out of clay, so will have to get some more. but here goes. Sorry for the blurry pics, my ipod's camera isn't great, will get something better when I am actually detailing this bad boy.
IMG_0111.JPG

IMG_0109.JPG

IMG_0110.JPG

IMG_0112.JPG

So far am just going for basic stuff, till I am happy with shapes and sizes and the like.

And here is the new pep bio I have done,
IMG_0116.JPG

'Lo folks. Tis I again. 

Been a busy week, being back to work, so have not had the time to work on my sculpt.

I have started re-shaping the dome. I found it was a little too much of an angle and needed to be dropped down a considerable bit. 

So, more pics coming soon, folks. Once I am happy with the shape of the dome I will take some snapshots for you all to oogle. 

As ever comments are welcome. Even the negative ones.... Well they are not as well received as the positive ones, but are always helpful. :D

DMTDeadpool

Edit:

P.s. I salvaged some clay from the recent tweaks to the dome, so hopeful that I will get more out of this batch than I hoped!

Wicked.

Hello again Hunters!

Picture time again, yes, I did promise more, here they are!

IMG_0128.JPG

Front

IMG_0129.JPG

Right side

IMG_0130.JPG

Left side

IMG_0131.JPG

Back

IMG_0133.JPG

Front again

As you can see, I have altered the shape of the dome quite a bit. I have also done a bit of the burned side of the jaw and the top mandible thing on the right side. I have tidied up the mouth area too.

Not to blow my own trumpet, but I think I am doing rather well; Considering the last time I made anything with clay, it was an ashtray in primary school. (No not for the children to use, as a gift for our parents.)

Thanks for looking.

DMTDeadpool

Hello again Hunters!

I am back with a little more work to my sculpt, am getting there, slowly, but I am loving working on this, I can only hope my work will be anywhere as near as good as the others I have seen here.

IMG_20131118_212947.jpg

IMG_20131118_213021.jpg

IMG_20131118_212801.jpg

IMG_20131118_213110.jpg

IMG_20131118_213120.jpg

No detail yet, I am still working on the basic shapes. I will be getting on to detail soon though.

Just a quick update.

I have just received a batch of resin and fibreglass cloth so am going to be working on some armour pieces, also I have a little project for a guy at work I want completed. My sculpt will be put aside for a little bit so I can get these other bits done.

More on this soon, till then I will post my other stuff in the appropriate forums.

More on this in a few weeks. 

I'm liking it so far! i was actually planning on re- sculpting my mask, needs to be bigger and shaped differently:p good luck!\

-Ian

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back