My first build: Foam Phase I Clone Trooper

FlightlessLad

Hey all I've been a member/lurker on this site for a while now, but I could never build anything due to living in a college dorm and having virtually no work area. However I decided to have a go at prop-building as soon as break began. I apologize for the simplicity of the chest piece, since I'm new I was having a bit of a tough time figuring how to work everything out while still keeping the build on a relatively tight budget (college student everyone's heard the stereotypes before).
9ON57.jpg
Qlc4A.jpg

Day 3 of the build, and I'm actually pretty happy with how it's starting to turn out.
U0qow.jpg

Also don't be afraid to tell me what you guys think!

I think this is turning out pretty good! I made a suit of clone armor for my little brother last year, but it ended up kind of rushed. What approach are you taking for the helmet?

I think this is turning out pretty good! I made a suit of clone armor for my little brother last year, but it ended up kind of rushed. What approach are you taking for the helmet?

The Helmet is just going to be a modded Hasbro clone helmet and so far the only thing done on that is a fixed visor. All in all, not 501st, but passable enough to have fun.

Hey all it's been a while since I last updated, but I took a little vacation from the project. Anyways here's how it's looking now. Feels good to actually see the whole body together.
Hj1dZ.jpg

Last edited:
Lookin' good, friend. Where'd you get the foam? I've never tried working with it before. Looks like something I'd like to give a try.

I never actually uploaded the finished product, and I finally got to wear the suit out to a convention last weekend so here you go!

On a side note: I ended up making boots for the suit, but forgot them back in Tampa.
9q8WSRZh.jpg
orUxCjF.jpg
QdofLUn.jpg
VEUUba4h.jpg

Last edited:
Looks like you painted a Hasbro voice changer helmet. I've been asking around on here about what that process was like. Did you sand the helmet down and refinish it?

Thank you for posting this thread! I always went back and forth to your post for inspiration. It was an extremely helpful starting point for my Purge Trooper foam build.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back