My finished Thorssoli Halo 3 Master Chief Helmet

tubachris85x

Master Member
Wanted to post these awhile ago, but never got around to it. Proud to say that it's finished, lights and everything, minus the padding. So here is some shots outside in some natural (but cloudy) light.

002-113.jpg

003-99.jpg

004-76.jpg

005-59.jpg

Just to show the lights (much brighter in person)

006-57.jpg

Thanks for looking!

-TC

that looks great! id love to see how you do the padding, i dont know why but its always interesting to see what people do on the inside too.

that looks great! id love to see how you do the padding, i dont know why but its always interesting to see what people do on the inside too.

I've always been the same way too. When I was still a novice to everything prop related, thats one of the first things I'd look in a replica (mass produced or not) was how the inside looks. Been wanting to get an interior kit for my jango fett helmet.

I'm thinking about just using ACH pads for this, but we'll see. I am working on an ODST helmet at the moment as well, for which I found a motorcycle helmet half-liner that fits the dome PERFECTLY which I'll be using for that.

I've always been the same way too. When I was still a novice to everything prop related, thats one of the first things I'd look in a replica (mass produced or not) was how the inside looks. Been wanting to get an interior kit for my jango fett helmet.

I'm thinking about just using ACH pads for this, but we'll see. I am working on an ODST helmet at the moment as well, for which I found a motorcycle helmet half-liner that fits the dome PERFECTLY which I'll be using for that.

for my master chief helmet i used motorcycle padding and glued in black leather where the padding didnt cover and it worked great. and for my recon helmet i used cheep foam knee pads cut into the right shapes and covered them in black fabric from a cut up t-shirt, its not as comfortable but still works great.

True that. I was thinking about adding a "liner" to cover the raw resin internally as well as the wires for the light set up. ACH padding is great though, cause you just slap in the plastic (non soft) side of velcro and the padds stick like glue to them. You can move them about anyway you like and you can machine wash them too..

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back