My Batman Begins WIP

Hey Guys.
New year and a little progress on my Suit. Im mainly done with collecting some more parts and Im now ready for gluing the parts to my undersuit. Here´s a little update on what happened with my Suit.
I completed my Belt by putting the pouches to it and I also changed the closure System from velcro to a snap on buckle. This is much more secure as the velcro wasnt strong enough to handle the movement in the suit.
c3xh.jpg

5w24.jpg

The next upgrade came from Canada (Big Thanks to coofunkcurly). I got new Gauntlets along with acurate neoprene Gloves in the
right size as well as Knee Caps and a Spine Armor. Awesome stuff, incredible Quality. I think the most acurate parts you can get your Hands on.
wym7.jpg

wefj.jpg

Last Thing I was missing on my Suit was the Holster for the Grapple Gun. Found someone in the UK who casted one for me. Still waiting for the package to arrive :eyes . I decided to go with the Holster seen in TDK where Bale still wears the Begins Suit as it looks more secure to me as the Holster seen in BB. I´ll update some photo when it has arrived. Thats it for the moment.
Regards Lars

What's the process to attach the armor to the wet suit?
I know for my Dark Knight suit I'm using Sikaflex 221 and am still keen to find something a bit better

I'm jealous of that utility belt...looks great!

Hello friends,

As I was searching neoprene suits for other proposals, I found the company who made the neoprene undersuit. You might know already, but it's nice to share just in case. The company is Yamamoto. They manufacture the best neoprene on the market for several companies, and they even have a reference to Begins in their website.
The company is based in Japan, and they do sell sheets of neoprene. i didn't buy from them since shipping was too expensive to spain *sigh*, but they are extremely polite in the communication.

However, if you are looking for some already made wetsuits EXACTLY like the one Bale wore under the armor, this might help:

Nineplus | Retro Fullsuit

This is the same exact material he wears under the armor. I strongly recommend to look on the fitting table and once you know your perfect wetsuit size, then pick AT LEAST ONE SIZE BIGGER, if not two. Otherwise it's claustrophobic.

I don't come very often in this forum, so if you want to spread the word it would be better.

Keep up the good work guys!

Wow, those are pricey but impressive. It looks like they are all two-tone suits, is there an off-the-shelf one that best matches what was used?

Hi Lars,
Thanks for documenting all of your progress up here. I'm afraid I've caught the "begins bug" too. It started off with an innocent cowl & a few hundred euro later it's a fully fledge addiction. Away, do you know if the guy you got your belt from on BOTB makes them or had anymore? It's really difficult to get access to the trading section of that site.

Also, I'm interested to see how your gluing of the armor to the wetsuit goes. I have chest armor & I've been thinking about how to attach it to an undersuit way too much! I have decided to go with heavy duty Velcro but have not found anyone else who has used this approach so I'm worry about messing it up. So I'd love to know what glue you use. I hope it works out!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back again. Today I pulled out all the parts for the Begins Costume and layed it onto the Wetsuit I use as Undersuit. Just to get a closer look on how it will come out. Here are some pics of the Arrangement:
fdic.jpg

hqv3.jpg

ioe6.jpg

rjrs.jpg

lg85.jpg

0or2.jpg

Whats missing on the pics is the Cape and the Boots. Also I will Switch the cowl with my latex one because the Color of it matches to the rest of the suit. What do you Guys think?

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back