My Batman Begins WIP

Great job!

When you modified the ears on your original rubies cowl with foam, how did you actually do that?

I have one but the ears do not look correct. They stick out to the sides too much. I cant figure out how to modify them.

Thanks buddy. Here´s a little update:

Got hands on a DC Grappel Gun. Awesome replica, little heavy but looks damn cool ^^
p1060081lp.jpg

Regards Lars

Man is this looking awesome!! GREAT job.... funny how once you get into a character like this you catch "the fever" with it isnt it?? :lol Your Batsuit is just looking awesome man! I cant wait to see more of it!

Thanks guys. Got the Belt from a guy over at the Brotherhood of the Bat-Forum. Awesome Work! I will post my progress as soon as I get along with it. But i guess i wont be finished for Halloween. Just became Father and so my priorities changed to my littlé Baby-Girl.

Regards Lars

Here we go again. Back with some news here. First off got hands on a Latex Begins cowl. Fits me perfect and isnt as heavy as my urethane one.
cimg8668g.jpg

cimg8669.jpg

Next Thing is really cool. A Friend of mine works at a steel factory around here. They are doing sheets for airplanes, Tank etc. He called my a few days back and said to me: Man, I´ve got something for you. I had no clue what it could be and so we met and he gave me these Beauties :
cimg8671f.jpg

cimg8672.jpg

Made of 3mm thick Airplane-Aluminium. Light, Sharp and very detailed! They will be powder coated in a nice black or in a gold tone to match my belt. Awesome!

I also found a Undersuit to use on this project. I went with a 2mm Neoprene Wetsuit. For the german temperatures it´ll be okay. Havent recieved it yet, hopefully it will get here till christmas.

Last on the List is a brand new Bob D. Begins Urethane Chest V.3 . Still on its way so Im going to upload pics after I recieved it. Here´s one where I bought it.
kgrhqrhje0fb5shlju7bqlq.jpg

I guess we´re heading straight foreward now ^^

Regards Lars

Great looking chest armor Lars!:love
and what a kick ass gift from your friend :thumbsup. Can't wait to see them powder coated. Should look awesome.
I was just wondering, How are you going to tackle the bathroom breaks with the wetsuit? is there a zipper in the uhm.. grapes and banana area?

Thats indeed a good question :D. Maybe im going to install a zipper for easier access. I have to see when the Suit arrives what to do best.

Here we go again. Back with some news here. First off got hands on a Latex Begins cowl. Fits me perfect and isnt as heavy as my urethane one.
cimg8668g.jpg

cimg8669.jpg

Next Thing is really cool. A Friend of mine works at a steel factory around here. They are doing sheets for airplanes, Tank etc. He called my a few days back and said to me: Man, I´ve got something for you. I had no clue what it could be and so we met and he gave me these Beauties :
cimg8671f.jpg

cimg8672.jpg

Made of 3mm thick Airplane-Aluminium. Light, Sharp and very detailed! They will be powder coated in a nice black or in a gold tone to match my belt. Awesome!

I also found a Undersuit to use on this project. I went with a 2mm Neoprene Wetsuit. For the german temperatures it´ll be okay. Havent recieved it yet, hopefully it will get here till christmas.

Last on the List is a brand new Bob D. Begins Urethane Chest V.3 . Still on its way so Im going to upload pics after I recieved it. Here´s one where I bought it.
kgrhqrhje0fb5shlju7bqlq.jpg

I guess we´re heading straight foreward now ^^

Regards Lars

Hey, that baby behind the chest piece looks familiar. Oh wait, it's mine :D

Reel

Happy New Year everybody and what can be better to start the Year with some good news on here ^^: Got my Wetsuit today. Had to pick it up at the customs but the afford was worth it. The Suit fits perfect although it is a XXXL instead of XXL im wearing usually. So jumped in it, took the Cowl and the Gauntlets and did some Test Shots:
cimg8682z.jpg

cimg8685.jpg

Looks pretty okay to me, so I pulled out my Chestarmor as well and slipped it over the Suit. So dont wonder, it isnt fixated on the Suit yet.Just another Test Shot. Here we go:
cimg8688.jpg

cimg8689.jpg

cimg8691d.jpg

Im pretty excited it went out that well. So next thing will be to find the right method of attaching the Armorparts to the Suit. Also Im thinking of going for new legs. I have a one pice Legarmor which Im not too happy with. I think single leg pieces will allow more comfort as well as a better flexibility. Maybe im going to replace them (after I found a source for single Legs ^^). That´s it for the moment.

Regards Lars

P.S.: Yeah I know Batman doesnt have a Beard :D

Hello friends,

As I was searching neoprene suits for other proposals, I found the company who made the neoprene undersuit. You might know already, but it's nice to share just in case. The company is Yamamoto. They manufacture the best neoprene on the market for several companies, and they even have a reference to Begins in their website.
The company is based in Japan, and they do sell sheets of neoprene. i didn't buy from them since shipping was too expensive to spain *sigh*, but they are extremely polite in the communication.

However, if you are looking for some already made wetsuits EXACTLY like the one Bale wore under the armor, this might help:

Nineplus | Retro Fullsuit

This is the same exact material he wears under the armor. I strongly recommend to look on the fitting table and once you know your perfect wetsuit size, then pick AT LEAST ONE SIZE BIGGER, if not two. Otherwise it's claustrophobic.

I don't come very often in this forum, so if you want to spread the word it would be better.

Keep up the good work guys!

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back