My Bandai speederbike (completed)

jusdrewit

Sr Member
Been working on this for several weeks and I think I'm finally done! I still might add a nice professional little plaque stating 'Imperial Speeder bike, the make, model etc, but that'll be later. Overall I'm pretty pleased with the paint scheme and weathering on my speeder. I remember building the old Speederbike model kit back from the 90's with that ugly scout and I always got carried away with the weathering lol. I wanted it subtle but not extreme. Like a well maintained motorcycle on a little road trip that's been out in the wilderness. The Scout I also painted white and black despite it being molded in the correct colors, which I'm glad I did. Paint just looks better, and one can tell it's plastic no matter how good the weathering IMO. I also like this simple display piece as it allows me to rotate the bike any direction very easily. Thanks for looking!

DSCN0891_1_1.JPGDSCN0897_1_1.JPGDSCN0899_1_1.JPGDSCN0902_1_1.JPGDSCN0907_1_1.JPGDSCN0909_1_1.JPGDSCN0910_1_1.JPGDSCN0911_1_1.JPGDSCN0913_1_1.JPGDSCN0914_1_1.JPGDSCN0917_1_1.JPGDSCN0918_1_1.JPGDSCN0919_1_1.JPG

Attachments

• DSCN0892_1_1.JPG
    DSCN0892_1_1.JPG
    441.2 KB · Views: 105
  • DSCN0893_1_1.JPG
    DSCN0893_1_1.JPG
    348.2 KB · Views: 113
  • DSCN0898_1_1.JPG
    DSCN0898_1_1.JPG
    531.7 KB · Views: 82
  • DSCN0906_1_1.JPG
    DSCN0906_1_1.JPG
    242.8 KB · Views: 83
  • DSCN0908_1_1.JPG
    DSCN0908_1_1.JPG
    404.8 KB · Views: 145
Last edited:
Yeah shows off the colors/weathering better

Speaking of which, what color did you use for the brown on the bike. I have one of these in the stash and have been trying to figure out what color to use

Yeah shows off the colors/weathering better

Speaking of which, what color did you use for the brown on the bike. I have one of these in the stash and have been trying to figure out what color to use
I was in the same boat lol After priming it, I used Rust-Oleum pray paint from my local Home Depot called 'Warm Caramel' in satin. It was lighter than I expected, but thankfully it's easier to darken it up then vice versa. It dried beautifully and after that I used Vallejo and Tamiya weathering pigments to darken it up and then some light dustings of graphite around some of the high traffic areas using a makeup brush.

P.S. I'll check when I get home, but I'm pretty sure that was the right paint I used. I'll edit this if it's different

Beautiful job. Love the pose, that's not one you see very often, very dynamic.
Thanks, I appreciate that! I like it too. I originally was going to do the trick where the Scout is standing, leaning against the bike giving the illusion that the bike is 'hovering, but that would've involved some glue and was a little too permanent for my liking.

That looks good, and with a pose like that, almost needs a tree right in front of him.
Absolutely! I live in southern AZ, but next to my city we have a several mountain ranges that have pine trees and lots of forests, I'm tempted some weekend to drive up and do some forest photos with it. :)

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back