My attempt to make armor out of silicone!

LOL oh people took backside photos, never really with permission, which was the uncool part :( But all of the photoshoots I did had several backside posing. Sadly, I've only recovered one image from the photoshoots, which I have to say is AWESOME and my favorite so far:

Witchblade-industrial-2-X2.jpg

Photo credits to the smashing Darrell Ardita of BGZ Studios :D

I've been seeing all of the Witchblade photos on Matt's Facebook and I have to say, you did an absolutely stunning job with that cosplay. :) I get embarrassed just having my shirt off at the pool so major kudos to you for your bravery for wearing that at D*C.

Just seen the outcome of this build and I must say it's an almost flawless rendition of the original artwork, you are one very brave and talented lady and I am only getting more and more annoyed at living in the UK now :darnkids

One of these days I'll have a finished costume to walk about in, lets just hope mine covers me more than yours does :love

I admire you and your costume. It look incredible and (like others have said) looks spot on to the artwork you first posted. I must say, you have massive (metaphorical) balls for wearing that in front of people...but I guess that's what you have to do if you build something as incredible as this! Congratulations on it!
But it does come to mind this picture of high level armor vs. no armor in some video games.
5a3107d4866cfe6f8ee718a94b7d67a4f7e1af05.jpg

fantastic outfit. I disagree though about you having balls to wear it in public. I would say that you are obviously comfortable in your skin. Cheers to you for not subscribing to the norm... GM

[No disrespect to PZ or MM] Okay, but seriously... how has it almost been a week since this con has ended and there are only 5 photos floating around the internet and NONE of them have this angle?

I know you're new here, but do make an effort to not be entirely creepy. Right now, you're doing a bad job at it. Reel it in dude.

Just had to jump in here and give you some mad props on this costume from construction to execution. This is some serious ingenuity and creativeness that is so rare now a days outside the box of fiberglass and resins, which are normally the walls of this forum. The best way I can sum it is: Congratulations on a job well done.

Where are the pictures of Munson wearing this?

Don't tell me they don't exist. It's a con, there is enough alcohol for ANYTHING to happen. :lol

Anyway, PrincessZelda, I know you're probably still recovering from D*C, but any idea when we might get some more details about the construction method? I'm just so curious to see how this was put together.

-Nick

I know you're new here, but do make an effort to not be entirely creepy. Right now, you're doing a bad job at it. Reel it in dude.

reeling.gif

Yeah, sorry bout' that... I can see where this might come off threatening.:facepalm

sharkfishing.gif

Like I said, no disrespect intended. I'm not really perving your girlfriend as much as you may think here. I have my own "Sara Pezzini" I've been wanting to build this for, for years. Been in love with the character and story since high school.

I've followed the few WB costumes over the years and they really just haven't hit the mark. The best hit I've seen until PrincessZelda's version has been that bodypainted one, and while it has the overall shape, in my world it doesn't count.

The movie didn't even hit the mark. It had the WB itself, and the tough-chick playing Sara, but that's where it lived and died.

PZ blazed a trail here. The method was sheer genius. Effectively, much of the costume I envisioned embodies what your gf executed, in minimal time and likely a lower cost than I was anticipating. It's nowhere NEAR the method I envisioned and I love it even more for that. My reluctance has purely been centered upon not knowing 1)How it'd actually look 2) How functional 3) Would it stay on?

If you go back to my earlier posts in this thread, I've asked direct questions that relate specifically to this. I really DO wonder about the construction, and you can only hint and beg for so long. I'm not going to beg you to post a full out wiki on this, I know it's time consuming. The pic of WB from behind was purely to prompt a response that says "I didn't go that thin on the back!" or, "I opted for a full cut on the back."

Your gf is beautiful, but there are lots of beautiful women on the RPF, and that were at Dragoncon. Realistically, it is a shock that such a well portrayed WB doesn't have more photos centered on her?

There's one photo with a time stamp on it where PZ is holding up the WB and it's a full shot. I thought "My god... that's Witchblade".

I'm not expecting all her secrets to be given away. I just can confidently say that the methods I have in mind for joining the front to the back of the brief area are going to work... that the thong concept I had in mind for mine just might not work very well...

In a pervert world, hoo-ha's and booty are kind of the ringing theme, but in a cosplay environment, the acting/demeanor needs to be on point as much if not more than the costume. In WB's case, a costume with so few pieces and that is potentially THIS volatile, one bad move in a stride and our Witchblade is showing her business to a bunch of guys ALREADY snapping photos. It's a fine line, literally. :confused

Anyway, sorry to be so creepy. Not my intent. The fanaticism really isn't any different than someone worrying about whether a batman cowl has 2 or 3 inch ears... it just happens that this character is a really tricky outfit based around the female form. I would have been this forthcoming over any WB so well executed. I hope this clears things up?

I find it inspiring that you finished the costume the night/morning of the con in the hotel room! That must have been very nerve racking. I don't think I would have been able to handle that pressure..lol. Great job on the costume, The shoes look like they turned out perfect :)

This is the photo that this costume deserve. Good light, good model, good looking hair, ... a TEN. :love

LOL oh people took backside photos, never really with permission, which was the uncool part :( But all of the photoshoots I did had several backside posing. Sadly, I've only recovered one image from the photoshoots, which I have to say is AWESOME and my favorite so far:

Witchblade-industrial-2-X2.jpg

Photo credits to the smashing Darrell Ardita of BGZ Studios :D

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back