MW3 and BF3: Who's playing what on what?

Sean Hebein

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Considering we have some perspective awesome games coming up in the next couple weeks I thought it might be nice to see who is going to play what and on what system. If you are going to be playing on PC, post some of your specs.

I'll start:
I'm playing both MW3 (I like the single player story) and BF3 (I <3 the multiplayer) on PC. My old PC needed some upgrades so I decided to start fresh and build a new one. My specs are:
Core i7 2600K
ASUS P8Z68-V PRO Mobo
16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 Memory
For a video card I currently have a NVIDIA GTX460 but I am torn between getting another 460 for SLI or upgrading to a different card. Decisions, decisions. Opinions on this are welcome.

I'll wait to either A: for the price to go down, or B: To get a job to afford all of these frickin' games.

Whenever I get the games, I will be playing them the same way I play every game... With my trusty Halo 3 Limited edition Xbox 360. (I've had this bad boy since '07.):love

I will probably be playing both, on my PC. As I like the Single Player for Cod games, and can not wait to play the MP for BF3 on my PC. I need to upgrade my video card before playing either. Sold some stuff on ebay, and such. So I should have the cash together in mid Nov, which is exactly when I get a 3 week break from ITT tech.

I'll probably only play BF3 since I'm a lot for single player and I didn't really like MW2 ('cause of that tpyical 'war is only bad when it hits you and your home and not other people' theme) Allthough I will most likely buy it eventually... I'm a sucker for FPS games... well, games overall.

I'll play on my PS3 since I like the experience of a big screen, bad-ass sound and vibration in the controller as I pull the trigger :p

I preordered BF3 for the PC. Probably won't bother with MW3. I thought MW2's single player was pretty goofy (although some scenarios were cool), and CODBLOPS wasn't much better. Plus, no vehicles.

From playing the beta briefly, I think mine can handle it, especially if I turn off some of the fancier graphical features (which doesn't really bother me).

Is it true that BF3 will not have commander mode anymore? All articles I've read confirms this but a girl I talked to that works at Gamestop assures me that the role of commander has been reinstated.

Is it true that BF3 will not have commander mode anymore? All articles I've read confirms this but a girl I talked to that works at Gamestop assures me that the role of commander has been reinstated.

I didn't play the Beta, but from what I've read the Commander has been replaced by Squad Leader, which has similar capabilities.

I getting BF3 tomorrow for PC. My PC is four years old:
Intel QX6700 (quad core)
4GB Ram
BFG GTX285's in SLI.

I haven't found anything that won't run at or near high settings yet, so hopefully I won't have any problems.

I'll get MW3 when the price goes down because I want to play through the story. I could care less about their MP mode.

I play all my online games on my PS3. I don't want to pay for Xbox Live (plus I still have a 2nd gen that might die at an moment) and my PC isn't beefy enough to do these games justice.

I picked up BF3 at midnight last night and was awake long enough to install the updates before having to turn in. I have heard great things about Battlefield and look forward to playing it.

I was however weaned on COD so that will most likely be my bread and butter once released.

Would love to play with fellow RPFers though, friend me and send a message saying you are from here. PSN name is the same as this one

<~~~~~~

uh bf3 rant!
no selections of single player maps/or even the multiplayer maps.
origin install is a pain in the ass, had to repeatedly put in the password and it would say it was wrong. then after the 3rd time, it finally worked.
menus via browser is a pain........... geez

uh bf3 rant!
no selections of single player maps/or even the multiplayer maps.
origin install is a pain in the ass, had to repeatedly put in the password and it would say it was wrong. then after the 3rd time, it finally worked.
menus via browser is a pain........... geez

I don't mind the menu browsers at this point. Initially it was a little weird, but you get used to it and it provides a ton more information without requiring you to log in to the game itself (IE: your progression on this or that weapon).

I think you can go back and re-play single player missions after you finish them but...why would you want to? so far, the SP is pretty lackluster (and not really the point). Co-op you can select once you've unlocked the mission.

There is no commander mode, which, frankly, I don't miss anyway.

Right now, my big complaint is that recon gets jack by way of points for actually providing recon, and the sniper rifles are only so-so. The other classes are a blast to play, though.

I have BF3 but will probably trade it towards MW3 in the next day or so. I really wanted to like it but can't get into it. I guess I'm one of those who likes to run and shoot versus crawl sleep and stake out for long periods of time. Oh I'm on PS3 by the way.

Does one of you guys use the name RichardSpank in BF3? I got some random request to add a buddy on there and I'm trying to figure out who the hell it is.

I posted a thread on BF3 and no one replied so I thought no one was playing it. I'm Wraith_3Snpr (usually Wraith_3, but someone took it...) on PC. It will be a LOT better if they implement squad voice chat like BF2. They shafted PC users by not including it so it's hard to communicate now. DICE said no one wanted it, when EVERYONE used it in BF2.

MW3 is just deathmatch and BF3 is more strategic. I don't know where some of you played, but there's never any sitting around unless you're sniping. Even then the only way to score a lot of points is to act more as a designated marksman in a squad.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back