Mustache Masters....I need your help

Rikarus

Sr Member
OK, so I had a good fake mustache/soul patch for a nice mausketeer VanDyke look, but about half way through the day the spirit glue gave out.

I want to be able to talk, and smile , and laugh, and drink etc...

I have been trying to search something on the boards, but I am not getting anything so far.

So what is a good quality fake mustache, where would I get it, and how would I glue it to my face to last 6+ hours?

Thanks much

I have these sites saved from some old threads:

Costume Facial Hair | Wilshire Wigs & Accessories

FAKE BEARDS, FAKE MUSTACHES, SIDEBURNS

Garland Beauty Products | Beard and Moustache Sets

I personally prefer using liquid latex because it's flexible, and comes off easily. I used it for my Silent Bob beard and walked around NYC for several hours with no problems at all.
e.g: This was actually at about the four hour mark. Still holding strong.
250440_10150208135900892_657795891_7336535_4798149_n.jpg

And the liquid latex is nice, because at the end of the night, it just peels off, you don't have to worry about using a solvent or scrubbing your face raw.

So do you just brush on a thin layer of the liquid latex and then stick the appliance to it? Doesn't the latex sort of seep into the mustache/beard through the mesh in the back? Meaning, does it damage it for later uses?

try Pros aide . i have used it for foam latex appliances for several hours while sweating my @ss off. holds up pretty well under those conditions. so for just a beard it should do the job.

Darn. I came in here expecting to be able to lend my expertise in real mustaches.

My recommendation - grow a mustache.

Hi there. I just found this fabulous site & joined. I think what you guys do is so creative & fascinating!
I'm into quality human hair extension sets, individual pieces, all with clip ins, as well as hair plugs for dollmaking. I've been dealing in them for a few yrs after my hubby, in his extreme wisdom, purchased boxes & boxes of it from a friend who was going out of business (of course, forgetting to mention it to me!)
My family & friends went gaga over them, & I've never looked back, selling lots of it, & still have scads left.

After I registered here & read the rules, realized I cannot sell anything here until I've met the criteria. But that's okay.

I've made beaded braids with the individual pieces (1 clip pieces) for wearing; large braids for retail hair clip/ barrettes displays and I want to try my hand at making mustaches, beards & eyebrows. I think I will begin with the full crown pieces, cut them down, as they have the strong backing material. The other pieces can be cut down, clips removed to make mustaches & beards as well.

When I feel I'm ready, I will try to fashion the more elaborate handlebars & such.

I use wig tape. It still sweats off eventually and hurts to pull off, but it works a lot better than spirit gum and is flexible. You can find it at wig shops, it's designed to keep lace-front wigs on, so it's specifically designed to stick to areas of skin that sweat a lot.

Back