MR Narnia Peter's Sword Question

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

nash

Guys, any idea if the blade on the MR Peter's Sword is prone to rusting since it is not made of stainless steel? If so, how do I care for it to prevent rust? I have Ren Wax...is that enough and how often to use it?

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

James Kenobi 1138

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
You can use a polishing agent with protective qualities, or a light rub with good old mineral oil will protect almost any metal.

Wakal

I have a lot of high-end swords and my experience is based on those; I'm not much for wall hangers but at least this one isn't stainless steel :)

I use RenWax (Renaissance Paste Wax), and have been using it for a decade or so. In Hawaii I was cleaning the old wax off and re-waxing every three months. If I didn't, there would be some surface rust (especially on the 1095 steel). In Texas, once a year or a bit longer. Depends on the humidity ;)

Alex