Mr I suit help

BurnEm

Hello Lair,
I'm new to the forum here and have properly introduced myself in the noob thread. I hope this is the right place to post this if not I am sorry. I am in need of help, I bought a Mr. I suit and have been doing my homework and looking at all the helpful things on the forum here. Here's the problem I am following the MacGuyver's Mr. I suit tutorial and noticed the I/my duct tape dummy do not fill the suit out all the way. So now as I'm starting to apply the latex I have baggy parts and the cloth is starting to stick together due to all the excess material. I see that your supposed to keep it tight, but it's kinda hard when by upper torso does not fill out the sides of the suit. What should I do? I want my first costume to be a success.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Burn Em

I just did my first MR I suit. Im actually adding the PermaWet right now.

When you add the latex it will shrink the suit some what but not a lot. If you want to fill out those spots you can neatly stuff some stuff neatly in there like clothes u dont want or something but make sure no fabric is exposed if u use clothes because you dont want the latex to seep through to the fabric cause it will ruin it and be a bitch to get out. to wrap it You can use duct tape or hard industrial plastic (which is used to wrap mattresses) which is what i used for the entire dummy (with some duct tape) and found it easier to remove from the suit when done than duct tape was. Before anything though, before latexing, you should most definitely coat the living hell out of the inside of the Mr.I suit in BABY POWDER. Also coat the out side of your entire dummy. The latex will seep through and adhere to your dummy but the baby powder remedies this for the most part. It will still stick but when it comes time to remove the dummy it will be easier to do so plus u wont have to worry about ruining the suit to remove the dummy. You should also replace the zipper with a bigger one cause the stock one will most certainly break.

Thanks for the advice man unfortunately I already did my first layer of later but I think I'm going to do what you said that way it'll be alot easier on me in the long run. Thanks again

no problem....add baby powder but dont get any on ur latex....if u do just wipe that layer off carefully once its dry...if u dont wipe off baby powder it could negatively affect ur second layer of latex from properly sticking

so are you saying that the Mr I suit is too big for you? like if you tried it on it would be baggy on your body. if that is the case you should have taken it in before applying the latex. but alas you have your first layer. you still might be able to take it in in the sides and then keep applying the latex with only one layer on it,
it might still work.

Yes the sides were a little baggy and not sure if I made the right move but I just filled the sides out, so yes the problem is fixed, but the sides will not be custom fit. Don't get me wrong the suit fits well it was just a tiny bit loose in like the sides.

Im having same problem.....just ask around how toi fill out the suit..i was told velcroing upholstery foam to areas in side the suit that need it.....it doesnt look as good as flex foam u actually cast in there..but the upholstery foam u can take out and wash to prevent mold from u sweating. ask around and try ideas...try posting another thread...but before u do that search n make sure it hasnt already been asked

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back