MR I and paint

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

eapoll11

building my first suit and sort of ran in a snag. I put my first layer of liquid laytex on and it all dried clear. Is that normal? What kind of paint do i add too the latex to cover up the red? A latex paint? Thanks...Eric

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

smasher

building my first suit and sort of ran in a snag. I put my first layer of liquid laytex on and it all dried clear. Is that normal? What kind of paint do i add too the latex to cover up the red? A latex paint? Thanks...Eric
i dont no to much about paint but i do no that it is acrylic paint that is use like oil paints if you look in the reference materials page you should find more about it there

Polygon1

Hi,

It's perfectly normal. When I used latex after 5 coats, it was still clear. However, you can still easily paint on top of it.

You have two choices- you can mix the latex with acrlyic paint if you want to cover up the material as you are applying latex. Or, you can apply several coats of the latex first, and then use an adhesive + acrlyics to paint on top of your latex layers.