MR Falcon

the master paint job colors were floquil boxcar red and primer...both from the research and conversations with the people in the know said those were to be so.
As for my FM falcon build up...I did not have the refrence from the big bird yet to match it. As for the factory...I know they messed with the red.
Dean

the red looks too "red" (could be my camera - need to check against the swatches I have, tonight) --- and the grey panels look far too blue in hue.
To me, it seems that is a direct connection to Dymerski's take on the Falcon. Recall his FM build up. These color issues become quite apparent on that one.

FM falcon was from NO refrence. Did it to get the job for MR. As for the paint master...I think she was right.

I can say with certainty one of the very best looking non-ILM Falcons I've seen is the one in the photo with Dean standing next to it.

By the way, I've joined the club today. I have an un-opened MR bird in the box in the garage as we speak.

MRFM002.jpg

MRFM001.jpg

MR001.jpg

Thanks, Lee...

I do think the airbrushed weathering is too heavy/Dark. The base color is quite interesting. In person it apears too dark, but in my photos, it reads quite right. My FM looks more "right" in person, but looks too white in the photos.

These pics are under flash, and 8 pairs of 4' flourescent (white) tubes, though.

And finally she made her way to Germany too :) It took more than 12 parsecs... actually it took veeeeery long ;)

This is mine:

Falc11.jpg

Falc13.jpg

Falc15.jpg

Falc1.jpg

My left mandible light is suddenly dead. Emailed Amy last week about this - no reply. Any one else returned theirs for a replacement? How did it go?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(moffeaton @ Mar 27 2007, 09:17 AM) [snapback]1449129[/snapback]</div>
My left mandible light is suddenly dead. Emailed Amy last week about this - no reply. Any one else returned theirs for a replacement? How did it go?
[/b]

You are the third person i know of with that problem. It's seems to be always the left mandible light.
I hope MR can give a statement on that and where the problem is.

[/quote]

You are the third person i know of with that problem. It's seems to be always the left mandible light.
I hope MR can give a statement on that and where the problem is.
[/quote]

That would be fantastic. I'd love to get this fixed.

I've got another question. I have the MR Falcon and I'm very happy with it, but because of the way my office is set up, I've got the Falcon in a corner where the only way to display it so that the top detail view is visible (the sloped side facing out into the room) is with the mandibles pointed against a wall, effectively making it impossible to see the cockpit or to enjoy that side of the model.

My question is, could the mounting slot on the underside of the ship be reversed somehow so that the cockpit side of the ship could be made to angle down, thereby allowing me to turn the ship around on the base? Seems like this should be a pretty easy conversion, but the ship is so big and heavy that I don't want to mess with the whole thing if I'm going to be wasting my time. Any advice would be appreciated.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Spiker @ Mar 27 2007, 10:29 AM) [snapback]1449148[/snapback]</div>
[/b]

Are we sure everyone is referring to the same left? Some folks go by the point of view of someone flying the ship. Others go by how you look at it from the front.

We should be using Port and Starboard. ;)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(GroundskeeperWillie @ Mar 27 2007, 10:37 AM) [snapback]1449190[/snapback]</div>
I've got another question. I have the MR Falcon and I'm very happy with it, but because of the way my office is set up, I've got the Falcon in a corner where the only way to display it so that the top detail view is visible (the sloped side facing out into the room) is with the mandibles pointed against a wall, effectively making it impossible to see the cockpit or to enjoy that side of the model.

My question is, could the mounting slot on the underside of the ship be reversed somehow so that the cockpit side of the ship could be made to angle down, thereby allowing me to turn the ship around on the base? Seems like this should be a pretty easy conversion, but the ship is so big and heavy that I don't want to mess with the whole thing if I'm going to be wasting my time. Any advice would be appreciated.
[/b]

Sorry for the redundant post but I'm really anxious to find out the answer to this question. Does anyone know if this would be an easy (or even possible) modification?

I think the only way to find out would be to start taking out screws and removing pieces, and I haven't heard of anyone being brave enough to do that yet. :)

Any word yet from Amy?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(moffeaton @ Mar 27 2007, 02:17 PM) [snapback]1449129[/snapback]</div>
[/b]

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(moffeaton @ Apr 7 2007, 03:41 PM) [snapback]1457362[/snapback]</div>
Not a peep - tried two emails.

:(
[/b]
Sorry about that. Just keep trying. She'll answer at some point. Very busy girl :unsure

Does anyone tried to paint an "As First Built By" Falcon?
f1.JPG

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back