Movie Replicas Direct

Starrfox1

Hey guys,

Being the kind of guy that I am, I always get a little worried when I see other people's work being sold on a site other than the manufacturer. I don't know if ANOVOS has any kind of standing agreement with moviereplicasdirect.com but I did notice that a lot of the pre-order stuff is on there, including the standard Darth Vader ensemble ($2,749.99 - technically cheaper than on the ANOVOS site), the Luke Bespin ensemble ($449.99 - again, I'm no mathematician but this is still one cent cheaper than on ANOVOS' site) and virtually all of the helmets available for pre-order - all of them are advertised one cent below the pre-order price. You can see all of the items here: http://www.moviereplicasdirect.com/star-wars.html

With all of the recasting and design theft that has occurred over the years, I figured I would just check to see if any of you knew of an agreement existing between these two companies. If there isn't.... well... I'm sure you all know what that means.

Thanks guys, any response is appreciated and will help me sleep better at night :)

- James

Most likely just someone that has a whole sale order with ANOVOS. Entertainment Earth and BBTS have various things up for pre order as well.

Most likely just someone that has a whole sale order with ANOVOS. Entertainment Earth and BBTS have various things up for pre order as well.

That's what I'm hoping but you never know... I messaged GotMaul but I'm sure he's probably SO freaking busy right now. I don't even want to think about how many orders they have right now, which is why I wanted to bring it up just in case it was something they were unaware of.

I checked out Entertainment Earth and that other site though, it looks like they definitely put the ANOVOS name next to the corresponding product previews but on MRD it just looked like they cut/pasted the description, which is always a red flag for me

Most retailers do that to a degree to cut down on their work load and recreating the wheel. What gave it away for me was the lack of any info on who manufactured the other items listed except one artfx statue.

Agreed. Retailers, both online and offline, do that all the time. However, if buying from sites other than the "manufacturer", always remember to do your homework. Shipping rates/times/trackability/warranties may vary and so may the return process if something goes amiss. This goes for almost anything you purchase online. What good is it to save a few bucks when it gives you more stress in the end?

TazMan2000

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back