Movie Question And Costume Video...

Annunaki

Ok, newbie here, bit by the predator bug. Got my first Classic 7" figure for Christmas, now have the 18" closed mouth and similar sized Alien in the mail, on the way over. These things are mesmerizing!!!!

Anyway, watching AvP last night and wondered how Lex got home after the elders left her with the retractable spear. Seems like they could've at least gave her a ride back home.

Any word on a sequel or anything new coming out soon?

Also, I saw this video on YT and am blown away by it. I searched most of the costume threads here and haven't seen it. Apparently, this guy makes these masks. Absolutely INSANE likeness and lifelike detail...

The mask on youtube.. He's name was Grusderk.. He was a member here before..
Don't know what happened.. Uhhmmm guys, Tell em the story! o_O

Hello Annunaki, cool name. Is it taken from the Annunaki mentioned in Lovecraft's necronomicon? Those are some mighty wicked creatures!

My take on the deal with Lex getting home is that in the Predators eyes, she WAS home; earth. If she wasn't capable of fending for herself on her own planet, then shame on her.
~Estelle

Well she still had the tracks that got her there with the others, the boat never left it's landing area to the artic. So in that area she still had a ton of equipment to use as well. Plus going out on the ice I'm sure someone left a satilite phone. Not to mention that if a CEO of a muliti billion dollar company went missing I'm sure someone would go looking for him if there handen't hear from him in awhile..... The hard part is trying to explain what happened to everyone eles, so she is in a lunny bin. Also explaing to the fan why your movie sucked the most out of them all.....

Hello Annunaki, cool name. Is it taken from the Annunaki mentioned in Lovecraft's necronomicon? Those are some mighty wicked creatures!

My take on the deal with Lex getting home is that in the Predators eyes, she WAS home; earth. If she wasn't capable of fending for herself on her own planet, then shame on her.
~Estelle

Cool responses, everyone... makes sense!
Thanks!
Annunaki are the supposed early "creators" of the human race. Humans were originally created to mine gold for the Annunaki. Apparently, earth is about the only place you can get it. It's a hot commodity as it posseses "memory". Who knows what to believe any more? Search in youtube under annunaki, niburu, or zecharia sitchen... tons of research going waaaaaaaaaaay back...
Yeah, I just thought it was a cool name, too!

What I want to know is why on the ship, while on their way to the island, three people stood on the deck of the ship and you couldn't see their breath, nor could you see it at any time during the film. This was supposed to be one of the most inhospitable places on the planet due to cold, and you couldn't see their breath? ...and there was Lex with nothing but a shirt on at the end, skin exposed to sub zero air with no negative effects. :p

What I want to know is why on the ship, while on their way to the island, three people stood on the deck of the ship and you couldn't see their breath, nor could you see it at any time during the film. This was supposed to be one of the most inhospitable places on the planet due to cold, and you couldn't see their breath? ...and there was Lex with nothing but a shirt on at the end, skin exposed to sub zero air with no negative effects. :p

Good points... I also wondered why the elders didn't do a quick visual x-ray scan of the deceased predator before loading him onto the ship. I guess it's good that they didn't. Otherwise the elders would've just eliminated him and we wouldn't have the badass "Predalien"!

Cool responses, everyone... makes sense!
Thanks!
Annunaki are the supposed early "creators" of the human race. Humans were originally created to mine gold for the Annunaki. Apparently, earth is about the only place you can get it. It's a hot commodity as it posseses "memory". Who knows what to believe any more? Search in youtube under annunaki, niburu, or zecharia sitchen... tons of research going waaaaaaaaaaay back...
Yeah, I just thought it was a cool name, too!
I'm somewhat familiar with Sitchin. I have two of his books, 'Divine Encounters' and 'The 12th Planet' and yes, there is mention of the Annunaki. I like Lovecraft's version of them better, lol...." Sumerian Dog-Faced Annunaki" That sounds like something you just don't want to mess with. That's great about you getting those pred. figures...hopefully there will be many more to follow!
~Estelle

I disagree Blajew, I think Predators was the crappiest one. AVP had some "one on one time" with the predator, where there was a predator checking its gear or putting on a helmet or marking itself.

And as for your question Annuki, there is a sequal: AVP-R
Aliens vs Predator Requem (Requem means mass death)
It takes place in Gunnison Callorado, when the PredAlien hybrid from the end of the first movie causes the ship to crash by killing everyone on board it then starts laying 4 eggs at a time in every pregnant woman it sees. And sets up a hive in the sewars after "evicting" the hobos. Meanwhile a lone Predator arrives to clean up the infestation while a small group of survivors attempt a daring escape. But the government may be hatching a deadly plan of its own.
At the end Miss. Yutanee from the Wayland-Yutanee Corp. Is introduced.
Apparently in the Wayland-Yutanee Corp. Wayland handles the temples, Yutanee handles capturing Predator technology.

Lex did not get home.
read this.
http://www.thehunterslair.com/topic/10359-the-prophecy-of-cetanu-the-four-hunters-of-armeggedon/

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back