Movie cars at New York Comic Con

You know...I have never liked the batmobile used in Batman Returns

BatmanReturnsCarNYCC.jpg

Look at how cheap it looks compared to the REAL one from 1989:

_wsb_512x363_Original+Batmobile+from+boat+17.jpg

_wsb_511x343_Original+Batmobile+from+boat+12.jpg

As I understand it there was only 1 of these built - anyone know where it ended up? IMO this is the only REAL '89 Batmobile.

^edit

I didn't mean anything negative towards your thread!! Sorry!! I'd love to see any Hollywood cars in person!! I was having a bad day when I posted that comment.

You know...I have never liked the batmobile used in Batman Returns

BatmanReturnsCarNYCC.jpg

Look at how cheap it looks compared to the REAL one from 1989:

_wsb_512x363_Original+Batmobile+from+boat+17.jpg

_wsb_511x343_Original+Batmobile+from+boat+12.jpg

As I understand it there was only 1 of these built - anyone know where it ended up? IMO this is the only REAL '89 Batmobile.

I'm not sure what you mean by cheap. The Batmobile from the '89 film looks identical to the Batmobile in Batman Returns.

the 89 and 92 are the same cars in 92 jay painted it flat black and wb still has both screen used cars they are still gray now from the onstar adds the ones you see like at ny are the ones used for tours and shows they are narrower(rear fenders) than the screen use ones plus the aircraft parts are fiberglass (a dead give away) and gloss black

heres mine with my death race mustang
museumg3.jpg

the 89 and 92 are the same cars in 92 jay painted it flat black and wb still has both screen used cars they are still gray now from the onstar adds the ones you see like at ny are the ones used for tours and shows they are narrower(rear fenders) than the screen use ones plus the aircraft parts are fiberglass (a dead give away) and gloss black

Are you sure?

1992 Batmobile - Jay Ohrberg's Hollywood Cars

_wsb_502x355_Jay+Ohrberg+Batmobile+times+3.jpg

Looks like a distinctly different project for '92.

And by cheap, I guess it's the gloss finish that really 'cheaps' the overall car to me.

Last edited:
those are the ones jay built for tours ,museums.ect. carl casper also built them..then i think it when to the trix rods guys if you look at the 89/92 movies you can see how much wider they are by looking at the gas caps .the fender goes on passed it about four inchs the cars like mine drop off right after the cap(so they would fit in a eight foot wide trailor)

those are the ones jay built for tours ,museums.ect. carl casper also built them..then i think it when to the trix rods guys if you look at the 89/92 movies you can see how much wider they are by looking at the gas caps .the fender goes on passed it about four inchs the cars like mine drop off right after the cap(so they would fit in a eight foot wide trailor)

Good to know! I know that the original was really W-I-D-E!!!

I like both the satin and gloss finish on the 89 and prefer all steel parts on it too. I have the wide fenders on mine so ya it doesn't fit in a car trailer.
I supply wide body 89 kits and all steel sub assemblies such as side mech's, complete steel interiors amd these handmade nose cones.... My 89 kits are perfect and require NO bondo:) That 66 in the link was a prop car of mine thats been totally redone by the new owner.
89steelwheel022.jpg

s89sep252009029.jpg

I do prefer the 89 car to the returns car, if I remember right, the returns car had the gloss finish which made it look cheep.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back