Movie cars at New York Comic Con

Prop Store

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

WYGC6152013

I was there and those cars were awesome!
Did you the marty Mcfly double.. He was a dead ringer for a younger MJF

Monster Dave

Sr Member
You know...I have never liked the batmobile used in Batman Returns

Look at how cheap it looks compared to the REAL one from 1989:

As I understand it there was only 1 of these built - anyone know where it ended up? IMO this is the only REAL '89 Batmobile.

Monster Dave

Sr Member
^edit

I didn't mean anything negative towards your thread!! Sorry!! I'd love to see any Hollywood cars in person!! I was having a bad day when I posted that comment.

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

GBRyker61

You know...I have never liked the batmobile used in Batman Returns

Look at how cheap it looks compared to the REAL one from 1989:

As I understand it there was only 1 of these built - anyone know where it ended up? IMO this is the only REAL '89 Batmobile.
I'm not sure what you mean by cheap. The Batmobile from the '89 film looks identical to the Batmobile in Batman Returns.

moviecarmusum

the 89 and 92 are the same cars in 92 jay painted it flat black and wb still has both screen used cars they are still gray now from the onstar adds the ones you see like at ny are the ones used for tours and shows they are narrower(rear fenders) than the screen use ones plus the aircraft parts are fiberglass (a dead give away) and gloss black

heres mine with my death race mustang

Monster Dave

Sr Member
the 89 and 92 are the same cars in 92 jay painted it flat black and wb still has both screen used cars they are still gray now from the onstar adds the ones you see like at ny are the ones used for tours and shows they are narrower(rear fenders) than the screen use ones plus the aircraft parts are fiberglass (a dead give away) and gloss black

Are you sure?

1992 Batmobile - Jay Ohrberg's Hollywood Cars

Looks like a distinctly different project for '92.

And by cheap, I guess it's the gloss finish that really 'cheaps' the overall car to me.

Last edited:

moviecarmusum

those are the ones jay built for tours ,museums.ect. carl casper also built them..then i think it when to the trix rods guys if you look at the 89/92 movies you can see how much wider they are by looking at the gas caps .the fender goes on passed it about four inchs the cars like mine drop off right after the cap(so they would fit in a eight foot wide trailor)

Monster Dave

Sr Member
those are the ones jay built for tours ,museums.ect. carl casper also built them..then i think it when to the trix rods guys if you look at the 89/92 movies you can see how much wider they are by looking at the gas caps .the fender goes on passed it about four inchs the cars like mine drop off right after the cap(so they would fit in a eight foot wide trailor)
Good to know! I know that the original was really W-I-D-E!!!

donc

I like both the satin and gloss finish on the 89 and prefer all steel parts on it too. I have the wide fenders on mine so ya it doesn't fit in a car trailer.
I supply wide body 89 kits and all steel sub assemblies such as side mech's, complete steel interiors amd these handmade nose cones.... My 89 kits are perfect and require NO bondo:) That 66 in the link was a prop car of mine thats been totally redone by the new owner.

MrGzilla

I do prefer the 89 car to the returns car, if I remember right, the returns car had the gloss finish which made it look cheep.

Last edited:

Prop Store