Most iconic car in history

1961 Jaguar E-Type

1961-Jaguar-E-Type-1745-37.jpg

Mystery machine.

I know Mach 5 and Lovebug have been mentioned.

Supernatural Impala.

Adam West batmobile.

Bumblebee or Optimus Prime

Flintstones mobile.

Mystery machine.

I know Mach 5 and Lovebug have been mentioned.

Supernatural Impala.

Adam West batmobile.

Bumblebee or Optimus Prime

Flintstones mobile.

Um Bumblebee is the same thing as Herbie the Love Bug, unless you mean Cameros then I see Bee every day thirty times a day in my hometown alone.

But for me the most Iconic movie car can be related to and I quote "So take me away, I don't mind but you better promise me I'll be back in time!"

The quintessential Movie train is also connected to that, though she is better known for going to the junction, "Lots of curves you bet! Even more when we get, to the Junction!" Sierra No. 3 is as famous as Flying Scotsman and we are lucky she was saved from scrap before being the most filmed locomotive in the world. No Thomas doesn't count he is only a model.

"Shhh!"

"Doh2, I didn't have the Corgi Monkee Mobile but my parent's must of bought me 5 Corgi Batmobile's with the Bat Boat and trailer as a kid. They either got stolen from other kids or I lost them."

I have an older brother, and as I recall he had the Corgi Batmobile with the flame that moved in and out of the exhaust! When I later got my own, it was the one with the trailer hitch -- but no Batboat to go with it. *sigh!*

If people just need to recognize it, and know what it's from, then you start to get other cars added in...

For sure, it's equally valid to ask that question, rather than the one I proposed, and it would be more inclusive.

My question would require the respondent to say "oh, that's a DeLorean".

Your question, if I understand it right, would allow the answer

"oh, that's the car from Back To The Future"

in other words requiring them to name the film or TV show, but not the car itself.

Being even more loose with the definition of 'knowing where the car is from' allow answers like

"oh, that's the car from that movie with the Family Ties guy"

or

"oh, that's the car from that movie with the mad scientist guy with the crazy hair"

in other words not requiring the respondent to know the name of the car or the name of the film or TV show, though the respondent does indeed recognize the vehicle.

Still, my guess is that more people would recognize and name "jeep" and "VW" here in the USA than any other cars, with "batmobile" being the most-nameable TV or film vehicle.

Personally I didn't know the names of the majority of the cars people have posted here. Some of the cars and films and TV shows are completely unknown to me.

People might be saying here "Dr Jones, give it a rest and just throw out some cars like the rest of us are doing!" but my thing with polls, surveys, and test questions is to pin down precisely what is being asked. Usually what follows is needing to re-word the question(s).

What drives me crazy are things like the "blue dress" thing (where people are giving different answers because the question is ambiguous) and debates where people talk in circles because the two sides have failed to pin down exactly what issue they are debating (and therefore the two sides are actually talking about two unrelated issues).

But setting the OP's question aside, my current favourite TV/film vehicle is

zgbFQh7.jpg

Last edited:
We have all been wrong. This is it:

View attachment 1006564
Trivia that won't do anyone any good: Not long after Megaforce was released the U.S. military quietly began to develop a version of these light weight sand rails as "light assault" vehicles. The project was ultimately cancelled when they discovered the armor plating needed to protect the troops within made the cars too heavy and slow.

I think a lot of people are forgetting that this thread is about the "Most Iconic Cars in History" not the "Most Iconic Movie Cars in History"

It amounts to the same thing.

I would not "know" a DeLorean if not for back to the future. I would not recognize James Bond's car if not for the Bond movies.

A movie is HOW a car is spread across the world for universal recognition.

To each his own :p I feel like the styling of this car was ahead of its time for '61...it's used in a few quite a few movies too!

No, hold on. You're trying to say that you feel most people on planet earth would recognize THIS car over the Batmobile or the Delorian or the Ghostbusters car?!
Look, I'm not trying to single you out but half of the people on this thread have completely ignored the point of this thread and are just posting THEIR favorite cars.

For sure, it's equally valid to ask that question, rather than the one I proposed, and it would be more inclusive.

My question would require the respondent to say "oh, that's a DeLorean".

Your question, if I understand it right, would allow the answer

"oh, that's the car from Back To The Future"

in other words requiring them to name the film or TV show, but not the car itself.

Being even more loose with the definition of 'knowing where the car is from' allow answers like

"oh, that's the car from that movie with the Family Ties guy"

or

"oh, that's the car from that movie with the mad scientist guy with the crazy hair"

in other words not requiring the respondent to know the name of the car or the name of the film or TV show, though the respondent does indeed recognize the vehicle.

Still, my guess is that more people would recognize and name "jeep" and "VW" here in the USA than any other cars, with "batmobile" being the most-nameable TV or film vehicle.

Personally I didn't know the names of the majority of the cars people have posted here. Some of the cars and films and TV shows are completely unknown to me.

People might be saying here "Dr Jones, give it a rest and just throw out some cars like the rest of us are doing!" but my thing with polls, surveys, and test questions is to pin down precisely what is being asked. Usually what follows is needing to re-word the question(s).

What drives me crazy are things like the "blue dress" thing (where people are giving different answers because the question is ambiguous) and debates where people talk in circles because the two sides have failed to pin down exactly what issue they are debating (and therefore the two sides are actually talking about two unrelated issues).

But setting the OP's question aside, my current favourite TV/film vehicle is

View attachment 1006594

If I'm understanding you're post, you've managed to articulate perfectly what I initially failed to communicate in my first post.
To garner the data I was looking for, one is not required to "name" the car, just to recognize it. Just for someone to say, "Isn't that Batman's car?" Is an acceptable answer.
And it doesn't have to be "from" anything. I asked the same question to a co-worker and he said a '66 Mustang. Initially I thought this to be a strange answer but after thinking about it, it made sense. Most people would look at that car and say, "Oh, that's a Mustang."

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back