Monster Hunter Agito Greatsword

Laranorac

Hello RPFers,
At last it is time for my first build thread. I finally finished my great sword from the Monster Hunter games by Capcom. I wanted to make sure I had it all done before I started a thread so here we go.

Here is what I was going for

Agito.jpg

I started out with some good ol' insulation board as a base.

2012-07-09202207.jpg

After lots and lots of cutting with a handsaw I came up with the basic shape

2012-07-10073636.jpg

2012-07-10073625.jpg

2012-07-10073659.jpg

After some sanding, the curves started to appear (also added a handle)

2012-07-13205535.jpg

More curves, and added the teeth on the side. Also attempted to paint and learned that Acrylics would be the best option.

2012-07-24155839.jpg

2012-07-24155845.jpg

A bit of a size comparison. I'm 6'0''. You can make out some wood putty on the end of the blade on the bottom.

imagejpeg_2_8.jpg

imagejpeg_2_7.jpg

I skipped alot of the wood putty and sanding pictures because well I didn't take any. So here is the final product. Used electric tape for the grip and a random faucet I found for the end piece there. The grip is held in by expanding foam as well. Sorry for the lack of pictures but hopefully more to come. I'm not enthralled with the color, but I couldn't for the life of me match the original. I still need to add little things, but overall it works with my budget.

2012-07-26182113.jpg

Last edited:
it looks really cool... alot of work done on it.. were you loooking for a one for one replica or as close personal version as possible? if your looking for a perfect match i can offer up some ideas for you...

the original looks like a huge jaw bone sorta.. the color looks like a weatherd ivory or bone.. id go with an offwhite base and use a light brown weather closer to the handle, then darker the farther down the blade you go :)

jawbone_zps7804958c.jpg

it looks really cool... alot of work done on it.. were you loooking for a one for one replica or as close personal version as possible? if your looking for a perfect match i can offer up some ideas for you...

the original looks like a huge jaw bone sorta.. the color looks like a weatherd ivory or bone.. id go with an offwhite base and use a light brown weather closer to the handle, then darker the farther down the blade you go :)

jawbone_zps7804958c.jpg

How would you recommend painting this? Air brush? Spray paint? I love the idea though. The speckled look has a more realistic feel to it.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back