Moldy Crow scratchbuild - WIP

Got most of the bottom completed last night:
mc15.jpg

Looking really great! I'm even feeling inspired :) lol
What products & supplies are you using on this?
The scoring of the individual panels looks really clean.
I might have to make a hobby shop run this weekend :)

Thanks for all the kind words so far!

I started roughing out the bottom of the ship. Lots of detail and cleanup left, but I'm happy with the direction it's going:
mc19.jpg

mc20.jpg

Last edited:
I am pretty new to scratching in styrene myself and look at this work and think it is amazing. You really are doing a great job and I am inspired to try more. I got a few questions I hope you don't mind answering. 1. What thinkness styrene are you using for the main walls the edges look so clean I seem to have a problem joining corners. 2. All the round parts that you have made was that basically bending styrene around a frame.(ribbing) 3. lastly, the panel lines scribed look really clean what are you using???
Sorry to ask so many questions just trying to learn more myself after I finish putting my current model together and build the falcon I hope to take on something like this.. It is really rewarding to make something from scrach!!!

1. What thinkness styrene are you using for the main walls the edges look so clean I seem to have a problem joining corners. 2. All the round parts that you have made was that basically bending styrene around a frame.(ribbing) 3. lastly, the panel lines scribed look really clean what are you using???

Thanks for the kind words!
- I'm using 0.040" styrene for the main body - I've found it's pretty easy to get clean corners with it
- I've used a few techniques for the round parts. The air intakes on the sides were done by bending styrene over a frame. For rounded edges, I just sand the corner after it sets. For the completely round parts, I used my dremel as a lathe to grind/sand it to shape.
- I've been using the "Tamiya Scriber II" tool for all of my panel lines. It makes it very easy to get clean and consistent lines.

Thanks for expalining some of the steps so the parts you made over the weekend that is just wrapped around a frame and sanded. Great work!!

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back