molds of western/1800s guns

rozshreds1

Hey guys, first of all I'm new here :) great forum and I absolutely love reading the posts here.

What I am wondering is if there is anyone on the forum that has or can make me a mold of an old pistol :) the reason I can't make it myself is because in my country its impossible to get a gun.

Last edited:
what would help is a picture and info of what youre after to be moulded, material for the casting and such. Youll also need to comprehend the cost of mould making materials as well as the part to be moulded and casting materials. You may want to consider 3D printing locally.

what I'm after is a mold of either a colt walker, dragoon, 1851 navy, or a 1860 army. And yeh I do realise that :) Ive never really tried any 3d printing so I'm not extremely confident with it.
Thanks for the comment :)

Cheers

Ive done moulds of various old revolvers and they are not the easiest when taking care to NOT damage the patina. Are you sure moulds are ok but parts and replicas in parts are not?

I did an 1851 Colt Navy for my Man With No Name outfit but all parts were moulded separately so it assembles like the real thing.Minus of course the one piece grips.
2rfsr5d.jpg

Not sure if youre aware how rare the Walker is. This was one of the Walkers used in Josey Wales. They are hilariously huge when seeing one in real life next to a Colt.
2s76zhg.jpg

wow ! truly amazing work on that moulded revolver ! absolutely stunning, so you casted all those parts seperately? what did you do about internals? add real internals or all plastic?

This is incredible, I don't know why I never considered resin casts of vintage firearms....nice work!

generally, cast items are solid. There may be a separate cylinder, for example, but you wouldn't be able to put anything in it. I have a cast of an MGC mauser and the hammer and lever are solid cast with the rest of the body.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back