Mimban Stormtrooper Helmet

Mottrex

Sr Member
Hi New member here but long time lurker.
I just acquired a Stormtrooper fibreglass pull from what I am guessing is from a completed helmet as it shows details of the brow and helmet trim. It came with resin cast blast visor? the mic tips and two respirator pieces.
I am going to either fabricate/duplicate the tips as they are Solid casts with mesh imprint.
The pull is super sharp and has recessed air vents either side of cheeks and jowls.
I don't want to mess this up but can't find much info about the mimban/mud trooper apart from it was in Solo the movie.
It's wearable but fancy having it displayed on a mannequin on a plynth(with option to wear)

Is it a well seen pull and should I be modifying it is there a Build thread I am over looking?

Thanks in advance from Newbie me

20210819_192823.jpg
20210819_192933.jpg
20210819_192901.jpg

I’m 99% sure that’s a cast of a Hasbro Black Series ST helmet.
Yeah, there are a few tells: the seamlines around the earcaps, the angle of the ear details and how straight (what little there is of) the "undercut" is.

There were obviously some mods done to the master before casting though.
- The nose looks straight (whereas it is bulging on the Hasbro)
- The middle "tooth" in the frown is narrower. Maybe remade completely after the nose was fixed.
- Sharper corners on trapezoids
- Vocoder is a separate piece
- Tube stripes are all the same width
- Speaker grille and battery hatch on the back are filled
- Brow trim has been widened, obviously
- It's difficult to see but I think the undercut in the front has been lengthened just a little bit.

A better start than a Hasbro helmet, IMHO. I had also paid more than £60 for my Hasbro helmet here in Europe.

Last edited:
I bought the Hasbro one for my son when it came out and I think I paid $85 or $95 for it new, now they are over $125.

If I could get a cast that nice for $60 I'd take it too, good find.

I bought the Hasbro one for my son when it came out and I think I paid $85 or $95 for it new, now they are over $125.

If I could get a cast that nice for $60 I'd take it too, good find.
Thanks It took a while but should be worth it.
I was looking at the Hasbro series but even without a box are £130 plus postage in the UK at the moment.

Just bought some nice Mic Tips for the build. They are resin cast Hollow with an added nut and bolt to mean they never fall off. It has the inner rubber seals currently cast in resin but I'm thinking of re making them in a blue rubber compound ( although prolly not used it just looks nice)
I will prolly go Mimban as I have the visor, currently looking at tinted perspex for the eyes.
I want to cut out the mouth eventually too..
20210827_184102.jpg
20210827_184228.jpg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back