Millennium Falcon targeting computer help

Jon8712

Hi All,

Can someone please refresh my memory on the manufacturer name / model of the vintage slide viewer that was used as the main part of the Falcon's targeting computer in ANH? I believe it was originally identified within the past two years or so, but I've searched the RPF an the web in general and can't find the name of the real-world slide viewer that was used. Thanks in advance!!

Art
'Jon8712'

Thanks for the reply, SofaKing01. (BTW, spectacular work on your Falcon cockpit!!) Yes, the Paterson Trident was the only mention of a slide viewer I could find here on the RPF, in the threads where it's discussed that it was used for the Death Star detention area cameras. But IIRC, when the slide viewer used for the Falcon's targeting computer was 'discovered', it wasn't the blue color of the Paterson (it already had a dark body), and the Paterson name isn't ringing a bell. Too bad Roger Christian didn't include an appendix of all the found items he used in ANH in his book that came out earlier this year!! LOL

Art
'Jon8712'

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back