Millennium Falcon Hasbro Conversion Complete

kokkari

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I just thought I'd post some finished photos of this build. I configured it so it can be displayed in the flying or landing position. All the little tubes are connected to the landing gear with little magnets.

DSC_0008.jpgDSC_0017.jpgDSC_0062.jpgDSC_0073.jpgDSC_00692.jpgDSC_1239.jpgDSC_0005.jpgDSC_0042.jpgDSC_0058.jpgDSC_1259.jpgDSC_1276.jpgDSC_1278.jpgDSC_1289.jpgDSC_1293.jpg

This is really incredible. One of the coolest builds I've seen.

Forgive me if this is an out of line question. It isn't meant to be.

How would you compare this process to building a studio model from scratch? Are you happy with your decision to follow this path?

Once again, amazing

This is really incredible. One of the coolest builds I've seen.

Forgive me if this is an out of line question. It isn't meant to be.

How would you compare this process to building a studio model from scratch? Are you happy with your decision to follow this path?

Once again, amazing

That's a really good question. Ultimately, I think a scratch built Falcon would be the holy grail of builds and a dream that I would like to take on some day. My decision to do a toy conversion was mainly based on limited resources and patience. I don't have the resources to buy all the donor kits needed for a scratch built ship or I don't have the patience to slowly collect the kits over years. The convenience of the Hasbro Falcon is nice because the majority of it is already there for you. I reused many of it's parts. Don't get me wrong, when I hold it up next to my master replicas falcon, the MR is still number 1, but I have to admit this build is pretty close. When I compare the scratch built cockpit to the rest of the hull, I notice that layers of the scratch build always have a certain realism when compared to the toy. Anyway, to answer your question. The main difference to me in this build is a lot (I mean A LOT!) of cutting, tearing apart, deconstructing, and reconstructing. There is not as much planning involved in this build, but in order to look right there is still all those hours of looking at photos and getting on here to see how others like Junk Pilot and crackerjazz have done theirs.

Fantastic job, kokkari!!! What did you use for the cockpit tunnel? Is it the 3-inch ABS tube?

I actually used a really thick mailing tube 1/4 inch. It's diameter was slightly less than 3 inches which seemed to be closer to the size of my MR Falcon.

holy crap dude...........do the figures still go in it? :lol

No the cockpit and seats are now closer to 1/40 scale which is much smaller than the original, but I prefer it look right. I'm keeping an eye out for some 1/40 or 1/48 scale figures to go inside.

That's a really good question. Ultimately, I think a scratch built Falcon would be the holy grail of builds and a dream that I would like to take on some day. My decision to do a toy conversion was mainly based on limited resources and patience. I don't have the resources to buy all the donor kits needed for a scratch built ship or I don't have the patience to slowly collect the kits over years. The convenience of the Hasbro Falcon is nice because the majority of it is already there for you. I reused many of it's parts. Don't get me wrong, when I hold it up next to my master replicas falcon, the MR is still number 1, but I have to admit this build is pretty close. When I compare the scratch built cockpit to the rest of the hull, I notice that layers of the scratch build always have a certain realism when compared to the toy. Anyway, to answer your question. The main difference to me in this build is a lot (I mean A LOT!) of cutting, tearing apart, deconstructing, and reconstructing. There is not as much planning involved in this build, but in order to look right there is still all those hours of looking at photos and getting on here to see how others like Junk Pilot and crackerjazz have done theirs.
Thanks for the response!

I'd love to see a side by side photo with your MF falcon

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back