Millenium Falcon Cockpit anyone?

Wasn't someone offering Falcon plans a few months ago. In the junkyard ?
I think the Cockpit was offered in the set.

aljf :confused

Really?? I'd be in for a set of those. What was the original source? Anyone know where to get them now?

Originally posted by TFrosst@Feb 23 2006, 11:57 AM
Really??  I'd be in for a set of those.  What was the original source?  Anyone know where to get them now?
[snapback]1191432[/snapback]​
If I remember correctly the source was the original blueprints used to build the full size Falcon set for The Empire Strikes Back but I canÂ’t remember who was offering them or if it even happened.

Jim

Has anyone ID'ed any of the switches and controls used in the Falcon cockpit and Navicomputer? There are lots of rocker switches and square and round lighted pushbuttons and even aircraft toggles, etc. I've looked around and found some that might pass, but wondered if anyone knew the actual ones used 30 years ago, so maybe I could go surplus store diving and look for them.

<div class='quotetop'>(gojira61 @ Feb 23 2006, 12:08 PM) [snapback]1191438[/snapback]</div>
Really??  I'd be in for a set of those.  What was the original source?  Anyone know where to get them now?
<div align="right">[snapback]1191432[/snapback]

If I remember correctly the source was the original blueprints used to build the full size Falcon set for The Empire Strikes Back but I canÂ’t remember who was offering them or if it even happened.

Jim
[/b][/quote]

I've got a set of the "Star Wars Blueprints" package that has the Falcon cockpit. PM if you're interested.

John

<div class='quotetop'>(mez7 @ Feb 21 2006, 09:19 PM) [snapback]1190227[/snapback]</div>
the guy who made the trek apartment...his wife also left him...before he went lost all thier money
[/b]
He made it AFTER she left him. He claimed doing it to stay busy saved his life. Context, people. :thumbsup

<div class='quotetop'>(gojira61 @ Feb 23 2006, 12:08 PM) [snapback]1191438[/snapback]</div>
<div align="right">[snapback]1191432[/snapback]

Jim
[/b][/quote]

It was Golgo13 who has original Falcon plans. ;) Haven't seen him around for a while though.

After a little step-framing, it looks like the rockers in the falcon cockpit and navicomputer are the same as the ones on tie pilot and xwing pilot chest boxes. Any idea where to get these?

<div class='quotetop'>(TK-326 @ Aug 22 2006, 02:19 PM) [snapback]1305033[/snapback]</div>
After a little step-framing, it looks like the rockers in the falcon cockpit and navicomputer are the same as the ones on tie pilot and xwing pilot chest boxes. Any idea where to get these?
[/b]

Can someone point out on one of the reference photos the location of the navicomputer?

Thanks.

<div class='quotetop'>(The Wook @ Aug 22 2006, 11:51 AM) [snapback]1305130[/snapback]</div>
<div class='quotetop'>(TK-326 @ Aug 22 2006, 02:19 PM) [snapback]1305033[/snapback]
[/b]

Can someone point out on one of the reference photos the location of the navicomputer?

Thanks.
[/b][/quote]

I'm referring to the navicomputer as the large floor-standing console in the main hold that Han sits down in front of in ANH, and the one that 3PO is talking to in ESB.

<div class='quotetop'>(TK-326 @ Aug 16 2006, 10:33 PM) [snapback]1301855[/snapback]</div>
Has anyone ID'ed any of the switches and controls used in the Falcon cockpit and Navicomputer? There are lots of rocker switches and square and round lighted pushbuttons and even aircraft toggles, etc. I've looked around and found some that might pass, but wondered if anyone knew the actual ones used 30 years ago, so maybe I could go surplus store diving and look for them.
[/b]

I've been looking for Star Wars set lights and buttons as well, not just Falcon ones but bits in general.

As to Falcon controls, the only ones that I could swear 100% I know for sure are the ones circled in red below. They're the rear halves of Vickers Viscount passenger reading lights (R2 hologramme projectors).

falcon_1.jpg

These buttons I'm less sure about, but they look right. They're frosted white plastic button lenses used in 'Otis' elevators. They look to me like the square pushbuttons you mention, the white and blue lit squares you see on SW consoles everywhere. They're just under an inch square in size.

buttons.jpg

Jeremy

<div class='quotetop'>(Jack Knight1979 @ Aug 22 2006, 04:19 PM) [snapback]1305285[/snapback]</div>
Those are vickers lights for sure. I have three originals.
[/b]

Yo Nick, what up.

<div class='quotetop'>(TK-326 @ Aug 22 2006, 12:23 PM) [snapback]1305152[/snapback]</div>
<div class='quotetop'>(The Wook @ Aug 22 2006, 11:51 AM) [snapback]1305130[/snapback]
<div class='quotetop'>(TK-326 @ Aug 22 2006, 02:19 PM) [snapback]1305033[/snapback]
[/b]

Thanks.
[/b][/quote]

I'm referring to the navicomputer as the large floor-standing console in the main hold that Han sits down in front of in ANH, and the one that 3PO is talking to in ESB.
[/b][/quote]

The elevator buttons look right. I build R2s, so I have access to alum and resin holoprojectors, so that's cool. I'm still searching for those rocker switches...

chris, tell me your makin a full size cockpit. :eek

after seeing your R2, i know that if you made a frickin falcon cockpit...

:eek yeah.

<div class='quotetop'>(TK-326 @ Aug 22 2006, 02:19 PM) [snapback]1305033[/snapback]</div>
[/b]

Us Tie Pilot costumers have been searching a long time for those switches. Last I heard they were found on some 1970's bus's switch panels. I never did hear of any current source though.

I have long thought this would be an awesome project. Perfect for a basement or spare room. Oh, and if you don't have the SW 365 days book you need it. It is awesome, ranks up there with SW Chronicles and much cheaper.

Come to think of it maybe we should have an Inverse Parts of Star Wars. Take the parts we can find, make a list and have links to the costumes, props and sets they were used in. It would be a handy databse to have.

<div class='quotetop'>(oldken @ Aug 22 2006, 07:10 PM) [snapback]1305373[/snapback]</div>
chris, tell me your makin a full size cockpit. :eek

after seeing your R2, i know that if you made a frickin falcon cockpit...

:eek yeah.
[/b]

I'm in the early stages of planning, yes.

And it's not just the cockpit...

The rocker switches were wood. At least by ESB they were, anyway. There's a really good photo of a MOM X-Wing chestbox with the paint chipping off.

You can even tell in the closeup of Luke releasing the towcable when he's under the AT-AT.

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back