Military Uniforms, Where to find?

WhoKnows8701

So I am going to be modifying military uniforms for a parade me and my*friends are
going to be in, Marines, Army, Military, and Navy. Does anybody know where I can*
find relatively cheap uniforms? Jackets, vest, pants, the works? I am going to be*
sewing and modifying the suit. I also need badges, medals and other military accessories.*

I know this forum is used mainly for movie and tv costumes, but I figured if anybody knew
where I can find these, the amazing creators on who are part of this forum.*

You can hit any army surplus store for those items, just be carful using real medals, badegs and ribbons from real military becuase most veterens or current military frown on people wearing those without earning them. I would locate your local Army surplus becuase they should have all those things your looking for!

You can hit any army surplus store for those items, just be carful using real medals, badegs and ribbons from real military becuase most veterens or current military frown on people wearing those without earning them. I would locate your local Army surplus becuase they should have all those things your looking for!

Ooo, good point on the medals. I'll look into getting replica ones.

Also. Cool your I. Chandler btw, I live in Tempe lol

lol Yeah especially Marines tend to frown upon you wearing our uniforms without earning them... as a general rule you should make sure the uniform is blatantly not a service uniform... I.E. No name tapes, no rank, boots unbloused... Etcetera etcetera. Or just go with a uniform that isn't in service anymore.

Ooo, good point on the medals. I'll look into getting replica ones.

Also. Cool your I. Chandler btw, I live in Tempe lol

In that case you have 2 options freedom military which is located on the east side or Allied military which is located on the west side. I prefer allied better because of thr selection

Or just go with a uniform that isn't in service anymore.

Yeah I wouldn't go running around with a fully done up MARPAT uniform.

eBay has some good items usually really cheap you just need to know what to type in. Are you going for battle dress or dress uniforms?

What are some of the sizes you are looking for? I have a lot of them that I've either grown out of or just don't need anymore. Mostly AF (including flight suits and formal stuff). Pm me if you are interested.

Looking for the formal dress. Small , medium, maybe even large. Trust me guys, it will be pretty obvious that these aren't fully functional military uniforms.

Hit the war surplus places, usually they have a lot of stuff from every era.
Most of us don't care if you wear a uniform, especially if you are trying to honor the folks who wear them, what pisses everyone off is when people wear a uniform and try to pass themselves off as the real deal.

It is however illegal and so I would advise to just not get to authentic.

In accordance with chapter 45, section 771, title 10, United StatesCode ( 10 USC 771 ),

Sec. 771. - Unauthorized wearing prohibited
Except as otherwise provided by law, no person except a member of the
Army, Navy, Air Force, or Marine Corps, as the case may be, may wear -
(1) the uniform, or a distinctive part of the uniform, of the Army, Navy,
Air Force, or Marine Corps;
or
(2) a uniform any part of which is similar to a distinctive part of the
uniform of the Army, Navy, Air Force, or Marine Corps

I believe however that it is an overlooked law, as long as you don't make any claim to be military, IE: to obtain discounts or influence people, you should be just fine.

Most Fabric stores have a variety of 'Faux Medals' you can use, with appropriate 'Faux Ribbons' to fool all but the trained eyes.

Rikarus: LOVE the 1600's era in your photos!!!

What's the purpose of the parade?
Why modify the uniforms? So they aren't real?
I don't understand? Seems odd.
Are there going to be real military people in the parade?

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back