Votes: 0 0.0%
  • It was okay. Not too pleased with it.

• It was disappointing.

• It was bad.

• Total voters
I don't know why people are thinking that this movie is a remake of the old Midway movie. It's not like the first Midway movie was fictional movie set in WWII, Midway did really happen after all. Until I see/read more I'm not convinced that this a remake so much as another movie based on the same events.

I read a review that said this movie is as dopey as "Pearl Harbor".
I think it was the NY Times. I don't remember.

I saw it last Thursday night. I thought it was pretty good. Maybe not some great piece of "cinema" or whatever and its certainly not going to win any big awards, but it was enjoyable. Not sure how historically accurate it was, but they did include the trick about how they found out that AF was Midway. I remembered reading that in a book series I read as a kid called Time Machine, so that was pretty cool to see included in the movie.

I saw this movie a couple of days ago. I liked it, but I think it would have been better if they didn't include the part on Pearl Harbor, or even the Doolittle raid. I understand why they did it, but it wasn't necessary cinematically and the events of Midway would have provided enough interest.

I would have rather them spend more time on the events of Midway which would have been better described. Even though it was very well done, in a CG sense, with exciting air and sea battle scenes, it must have been difficult to try and make it historically accurate and yet make the movie watchable. Sometimes history does take a back seat in order to make a movie flow.

Definitely worth seeing. In fact, for history buffs, its a requirement in my opinion.

TazMan2000

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back