Michael Clark Duncan has Heart attack - R.I.P. 9-3-2012

Re: Michael Clark Duncan has Heart attack

Due SOLEY to his part IMO.
I concur. If Duncan's portrayal of Coffey hadn't been spot on the film wouldn't have worked, or at least nowhere near as well as it does. But then, as has previously been stated, Duncan's performances made every production he appeared in that much better.

When I didn't read any follow-up progress reports after reading about Duncan's heart attack two months ago, I had a feeling he wasn't going to survive. It's a shame he died so young.

Re: Michael Clark Duncan has Heart attack

When I didn't read any follow-up progress reports after reading about Duncan's heart attack two months ago, I had a feeling he wasn't going to survive. It's a shame he died so young.

Ya. Clearly far more serious than we first thought. :(

Since we hadn't heard anything I thought the opposite to be honest. This was a shock.

What is it with the world at the moment? So many of the great and good seem to be leaving it. His performance as the gentle but cursed giant in "The Green Mile" never fails to move me when I've watch it. Such a likeable guy off screen as well. Damn, this is such bad and sad news. Micheal, I wish I could take it back for you.

A damn shame to go so young ! :cry

I had hopes, some high hopes that they would cast
him in the next AVENGERS as THANOS !

Anyone familiar with the character from the comics
knows he would have been a PERFECT fit for the role.

He had the physical presence, not too mention a voice that
would NOT need to be dubbed over !

Such a loss...

He's one of those actors it really would have been a joy to meet. He seemed like the very definition of "gentle giant", with a ready smile and a friend to everyone he met. He was just a genuinely good person, and that's kind of rare in Hollywood these days.

I will miss him. The world was a better place with him in it.

The news did a piece on him and Armageddon was his first film and the director of Green mile said he was one of the gentlest souls you'd meet.

Yesterday I saw The Green Mile again, and the last quote of John Coffey really gets to me :cry

"He killed them with their love. That's how it is; everyday all over the world."

He's one of those actors it really would have been a joy to meet. He seemed like the very definition of "gentle giant", with a ready smile and a friend to everyone he met. He was just a genuinely good person, and that's kind of rare in Hollywood these days.

I will miss him. The world was a better place with him in it.

Can't say it any better than that! I completely agree.

Definitely will be missed.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back