MG 34 SANDTROOPER RIFLE

Discussion in 'Replica Props' started by TK-2067, Apr 17, 2006.

1. TK-2067

TK-2067 Well-Known Member

its a cheap way of having one of these rifles, anyone have one of these? what are they like? any thoughts. rod

2. motman241

motman241 Well-Known Member

Looks very similar to the wood and PVC version from the BBC http://www.imperial-fleet.com/bbcforum/viewtopic.php?t=116 Weighing in at 3 pounds, breaks down to two parts to go in your armor tub, a lot more sturdy than vac'forming or foam, and only costs about $30 (that's including the costs of wood and PVC).

Looks like the server for the tutorial pictures is down for the moment, though. :(

3. gunnerk19

gunnerk19 Master Member

Is that the vac kit from Cushman Paintball? From what I've been told, since it's vac formed a lot of detail is lost (which could be fixed by some added on styrene details); The plastic is .060 so maybe a wooden dowel run inside the full length and some expanding foam filler would be enough to make it sturdier...

If intricate detail is not a big deal to you, it might be the way to go, especially weightwise if you plan on trooping with it...

4. TK-2067

YES it is a crushman paintball gun. anyone know someone selling one here on this board? maybe a good fan made , i might be interested in. i might just make one. any good tutorials around? thanks rod

5. slave1pilot

slave1pilot Sr Member

6. TK-2067

thanks slave you just made up my mind on this. i wont be buying one of these.

7. tk5378

tk5378 Well-Known Member

Yeah, that thing is a piece of Bantha Poodoo...I use mine as a chew toy for my German Shepherd.