Question Member unable to view project runs a bit unfair.

TK7713Gra30

Hi,
i realise this is the wrong section but there doesn't seem to be a section where I can post my question and as this refers to wanting to be added to the melted vader run this appears the best place as any.

Now I have been a member for many years and although I don't post hugely, it's mainly as I enjoy looking and my full time work does get in the way, however I do post. I am not a premium member, although I don't mind being one, when I joined I don't think we had premium member status available anyway.

now I understand the reason for only premium members being able to start threads in the run and junkyard section, to hopefully give some credibility to sales, but my question is why can't I view the sections in order to be added to runs. I have messaged the member privately but it seems like our money under the forums eyes is not good enough and surely the more sales and interest is the better.

if I become a premium, will I be able to view the threads, it seems a bit unfair to have to pay when I only want to purchase 1 item. I'm not faulting anything here on rpf, it's a great forum and in the old days I think we all could make contributions, but not being able to view or be added to a run after many years seems a little unfair.

As mentioned I agree with the policy of starting threads, I am referring to viewing and being added only.

Perhaps Site Support & News would be the place to post this.

You should be able to view projects runs, what happens when you try to access it?

Hi, it just links me to the page that says only premium membership can start runs and to press here for more information on premium membership.

Thanks guys, it's now all sorted and many thanks. I have wondered over the years why I couldn't view but it didn't matter until now as I wanted the vader, I'm on the list also so thank you very much

I have seen the notice you saw as well.However,you have to scroll down a bit further to see the threads starting under the notice.

I seem to be having the same problem with finding back to the future project runs. I see people talking about them in other threads but i can't find anything when i search.

I seem to be having the same problem with finding back to the future project runs. I see people talking about them in other threads but i can't find anything when i search.

You should make a new thread about your issue here:

It will be seen by the correct people quicker than it will in this section of the forum. This isn't the correct place for this sort of thing.

There have never been any limitations on members being able to view/post in Junkyard/Project Run threads. The limitation is only for being able to start a thread in those sections.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back