Megamind Costume

One of the most amazing costumes I have ever seen, the craftsmanship on this is second to none. I bow to your mad skills!

I'm honestly not sure how I feel about this,....

I had one of the darkest periods of my career working on that film. So much so that I haven't, (along with others who had a similar experience to me), even SEEN it yet, HOWEVER,.....

I am a propper FIRST,....and the skill shown in this here thread MUST be praised. Therefore,....I praise thee.

Killer job, can't wait to see it finished,.....PLEASE don't take it personally if I punch you when I see you in it at con or something.
Just kidding,..........................but seriously,.....:behave

Awesome job, man.

I'm honestly not sure how I feel about this,....

I had one of the darkest periods of my career working on that film. So much so that I haven't, (along with others who had a similar experience to me), even SEEN it yet, HOWEVER,.....

Now I'm curious what happened?....if you don't mind

Awesome work!

Lets see the bottom sole of those boots, where the "Baby Seal" logo is stamped!

images

images

1269029192_re-actor-net_mega_mind_screen_4.jpg

The headpiece will perhaps be a future project. Something like that would be pretty involved, and one where it is best to have the person available for face to face meetings. Me being in Atlanta and my customer being all the way up in Canada makes this a bit difficult, at least for now. More so than anything else, I'm simply happy to see that my client enjoys the costume =)

That being said, do ya'll have some suggestions to improve upon the head that would be approachable for those new to crafting/costuming? I'd love to pass them along!

This version is actually not the Black Mamba. Megamind has three different cape styles between the movie and various promo shots: short collar w/o spikes, medium collar with spikes (the version I did), and large collar (Black Mamba).

I would like to do the Black Mamba in the future. It is certainly on my personal costume "to do" list!

Will Ferrell on the Today show wore a simple plastic headpiece. With your client's hat size, it could be an easy fit. Forming a complex shape like this might be a challenge, but considering the amazing work you've done on the costume, you'll be fine. :)

Megamindcostumes.jpg

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back