Measuring Chest

Raizer04

Hello,

I've been searching through the stickies, but cannot find an indefinite answer. I am building a war machine suit and want to know do i measure from armpit to armpit when sizing my chest or from shoulder to shoulder for the width?

Well, I haven't made this yet but it's on my to do list, but having looked at the pepakura model I'm assuming that it would be a straight line from arm pit to arm pit seeing as the chest piece itself fits around the base of the arms, and the shoulder bells etc are a seperate piece. One thing to take into account is that you need to make it a straight line distance as that is what Pepakura Designer uses when you measure Point to Point, it doesn't take into account the curvature of a chest etc which increases the distance.

for a torso. I just print a few of the main pectoral area pieces out, cut them out , tape them together temporarily with masking tape and look in the mirror to get an idea of how it looks.

If it needs to be adjusted. I add or subtract 10% to the width perimeter.

for a torso. I just print a few of the main pectoral area pieces out, cut them out , tape them together temporarily with masking tape and look in the mirror to get an idea of how it looks.

If it needs to be adjusted. I add or subtract 10% to the width perimeter.

Hey thanks man! Saw your tutorials on youtube and they are great references!!!

Last edited:
I just did that method today, it worked great. that way you don't waste material, other than a couple sheets of paper. Better than going full out and have it not fitting right? :)

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back