MCM Manchester Comic Con July 2013

thanks for letting me know i can be a member of the paying public i didnt know that,a bit patronising mate, interest withdrawn
I don't think anyone is being patronising. If you want to go in costume, then there are costume groups you can join and get free entry , it's just that the RPF stand is a Props display , not a costuming club . If you are a. Member of a costuming club , why not suggest to the events sec that they apply to troop this event ? Ok , it's too late for this year , but in future it's a possibility .
Come along and have a great time .

Thought I'd jump in and join the conversation.

The Yorkshire and Greater Manchester sections of the UK Ghostbusters will be attending, probably lurking around and posing as usual lol. We will ensure we come over to say Hello.

Just to confirm I'll be there with the usual, falcon , snowspeeder combo...etc..
Is there a chance of some power for my falcon's lights please matey ? :)

Cheers, Phil

Guys

This is totally my fault on the communication front, im afraid this is going to be a last minute thing regarding our attendance,

please bare with me and il have 100% confirmation by end of play tomorrow

sorry guys

thanks for letting me know i can be a member of the paying public i didnt know that,a bit patronising mate, interest withdrawn

Im really not sure how my comment is deemed as Patronising, Rob has probably explained things a little clearer than I did.

I don't know how better I can explain that we Put on Prop Displays !! yes the RPF has a costuming section, the RPF also has a studio Scaled model section and sculpting section its those areas of this Forum we represent. If you want to display your costume on a mannequin then that's great we would welcome your display greatfully.
Our section of the Forum ie Prop Display team do just that Display Props.

Apologises if you thought I was patronising that simply was not my intention

- - - Updated - - -

only just found this thread ... I should be able to get there with IG88... :)...if they let me in :p

Make sure you arrive on time G, actually no and RPF event wouldn't be the same without your last minute entry hahahahahaha

Im sorry to say that for this year Manchester is Off guys .............. im sorry about that

rest assured though Birmingham will be on and our hope is to make it the biggest and Best yet, We would like if Possible to have a big Judge Dredd section so if you have props or costume parts relating to this subject please sign up to the Birmingham show

Would like also to have another Movie make up sfx DISPLAY AGAIN along with a massive display of Studio Scaled Models

Im sorry to say that for this year Manchester is Off guys .............. im sorry about that

rest assured though Birmingham will be on and our hope is to make it the biggest and Best yet, We would like if Possible to have a big Judge Dredd section so if you have props or costume parts relating to this subject please sign up to the Birmingham show

Would like also to have another Movie make up sfx DISPLAY AGAIN along with a massive display of Studio Scaled Models

Awww was looking forward to seeing RPF there :( bet it was mcm expo fault for communication being so bad

This is a real disapointment , especially at such short notice .
I felt bad about not taking a Dalek along , so I went and hired a van this lunchtime ... guess I should have checked in here before I did , but I dont have personal internet access at work . Hopefully if I return it first thing tomorrow they will half the price .
Ah well , best start putting stuff back in the loft . See you all in Brum .

Simon ill be there in Bham if it kills me mate, usual suspects plus the Snowspeeder i think, and if she's not done, a WIP Gold Leader Y wing, so if Guy and Phil are in, the SS display should be pretty hefty.

lee

Simon ill be there in Bham if it kills me mate, usual suspects plus the Snowspeeder i think, and if she's not done, a WIP Gold Leader Y wing, so if Guy and Phil are in, the SS display should be pretty hefty.

lee

Lee
is there any chance of leaving you and Phil to organise the SS DISPLAY AREA ie get folks interested with a list of who will display, id also like if Possible to have you all doing a work shop by actually building some cheaper end models while at the event so Joe Public can see what it is you guys do and then maybe get them asking questions etc.

the Birmingham event is like 4 months away so what would also be great is to get some back grounds made to form Dioramas, il try to get in touch with Rich (who45) on here too he has a fantastic Enterprise and some pretty special Dioramas too

Last edited:
Simon, ok buddy ill touch base with Phil later regarding this, i think there are a few i can PM and ask. Guy may be away for the show, but there is a chance he can make it, he will know closer the date, but even with just me and Phil, we can maybe get 9 or ten display models down?
Workshop sounds cool, maybe even cooler if it weren't kits, but, more so some kit bashed panels or the like, showing how a box of bits, could be turned into a small filming savvy part? Ive a ton of parts i can bring down in a box for this very purpose, so maybe its something me and the lads could all collaborate on, maybe even paint if we have power and permission, and raffle off? Have to see what the guys wan to do, but yes i agree that could be pretty fun!

lee

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back