Matty Collector Ghost Trap Exchange

nstevic01

I initially ordered 4 traps, 3 of the 4 work perfectly. The one defective trap grinds horribly when powering on, regardless of mode, and without pedal press. Pressing the pedal to open and close the unit also produces the same horrible grinding noise, the doors open and close. The grinding noise is not the light, brief, grinding noise that a normal trap experiences. This is a loud and long grinding....and no, new batteries, reversing and re-seating the cable, and rotating the batteries do not work.

I have been having some issues getting my defective trap replaced by Matty. I am essentially stuck in the we will contact you within 72 hours loop. I am trying to find out if anyone else is experiencing similar issues with obtaining a replacement trap and what they did to resolve Matty's lack of communication.

So here is the breakdown of my "Customer Service" experience:

Nov 3rd - Reported to Matty that my trap was defective

Nov 4th - Matty asked which address the trap would be picked up at. I replied immediately.

Nov 4th - Matty confirmed the pickup address and indicated that I would be contacted by customer care on how to proceed with the issue.

Nov 7th - Called Matty and informed them I had not been contacted. (granted it had only been 2 business days at this point because of the weekend, but still) They said they would update the ticket and I would be contacted within 3 days.

Nov 10th - Called Matty yet again and informed them that I had not been contacted. They indicated that I would need to wait until the close of business today to be contacted by them. There are only a couple of hours left in the business day.

At this point I am starting to lose my patience with them. I had asked what would happen if I did not hear from them today and she indicated that I would have to call back tomorrow and they would again escalate the ticket and it would take another 3 days to hear from them.

I need some advice.

Sounds like they may be dealing with a lot of issues. Can you open a claim with the credit card you used or paypal if you used that? A third party collector should wake them up real quick.

Long shot - But maybe offer your defective one as a swap for a working one here somewhere? Maybe someone who wants to mod theirs wont care if its defective, and will send you their working one in exchange?

Make sure they give you a ticket number. I had called about getting a replacement and the guy I spoke to ask to confirm my email address and told me I would be contacted by email in 48 to 72 hours and that was it. 72 hours came and went with no word back so I called back, this time I spoke to a lady who said no ticket was ever made and I had to explain my problem all over again and wait another 72 hours. This time though she stood on the phone with me writing out my ticket number and gave it to me in case I had to call back. I did get an email 2 days later to start the return process. UPS picked up my defective trap on Monday and the same day in fact a replacement was sent, still waiting for it to come it. Anyway make sure they gave you a ticket number and keep calling and complain about the situation.

not exactly a fair trade..

If someone is taking theirs apart anyway and it doesnt matter if the gears make noise, why would it matter? I would gladly send my working one to someone who had a broken one, if I was just going to take mine apart for a custom project.

The doors pull out with a central piece in the middle of the bottom section. Literally a strong pull on the center striped area with it in the open position. Once it is out, cycle it and then pop it back in. it MAY solve the problem. Just a quick fix I learned after my daughter dropped my trap and the door fell out.

I purchased 3 traps and have only opened one.
Hearing of the problems that some have had, I might have to open the other 2 just to make sure they work as I planned on trading or selling one of them eventually.

The doors pull out with a central piece in the middle of the bottom section. Literally a strong pull on the center striped area with it in the open position. Once it is out, cycle it and then pop it back in. it MAY solve the problem. Just a quick fix I learned after my daughter dropped my trap and the door fell out.

I might have to try this tonight.

Still no word from Matty, which means I get to call back in today.....

Just got off the phone with them, surprise, surprise:

"We apologize for the inconvenience, we see that your ticket is still open and it has been moved to the highest priority. It will be another 24-72 hours before you can expect a reply."

Naturally this was followed by a couple minutes of very polite venting and apologizing to her that I know it's not her fault but it is really frustrating that I am told I will be contacted withing 3 days, then I hear nothing. Only to call in and be told I have to wait another 3 days.

At this point I decided to ask for a refund on the shipping costs, $36.85, which I thought was a fair request. I'm assuming since I was so polite to her during the call, she said she would look into it for me. 5 mins later, she said I would be getting the refund.

So I haven't totally lost my faith in Matty, just makes me feel a little bit better about dealing with the excessive delay.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back