MattCorneIM's Finished Foam Iron Man Suit! {Page 3} WOO!

Re: Teenager's Foam Mk.VI Suit {HELMET PAINTED AND LIT}

Looks Good Man, Your chest plate is super clean! Can't wait to see more updates!

Hey MATT! whats your plan to finish off the suit with? just the foam or are you going to layer it with something?

DarkVenom - I'm too poor, and waste too much time already to finish the suit in anything else but paint. Sorry, but I kinda have the mindset that if you're going to build something in foam, build it in foam, if you want to build it in pep and bondo, do that. Honestly I was a little put off finishing this suit because I wasn't going to plastic coat it, and that seems to bee what the best suits are becoming.
Then I realised I wasn't trying to be the best, just the best 16 year old... I hope I can come somewhat close to that.

Alright guys, this is it - I haven't updated since AUGUST, but here i am, in april, 11 months after creating this thread, having worked around general school, revising for my GCSEs, doing my GCSEs, divorced parents, and revising for my A levels, having FINISHED IT. Woo.

I dont have any pictures of it on its stand, because the stand is TOO BIG. Either I've lost weight or the plastic expanded from not being used for 11 months. Sorry >.<

Without further ado, I present my iron man suit, which i have taken to call Brfxxccxxmnpcccclllmmnprxvclmnckssqlbb11116 (Pronounced "albin"):

When I finally got round to painting it all (because it was only recently that had a solid 5 day stint at my dads in which to pva, plastidip, primer, and paint this) I first made up a bust:

20130329163819.jpg

20130329163829.jpg

20130329163838.jpg

I really underestimated the size of this thing! Its huge!! Shows how big i am (I am 6'2", nearly 6'3", with size UK12, nearly UK13 feet)...

So when I had it all painted, i was in a huge rush to suit up, because I am a massive child. Here is that moment, captured on camera:

48814763636770638876052.jpg

(please excuse my terrible haircut)

And that is the only suited up picture that currently exists!!!
Because the suit is at my dad's, I can't take as many as i want, whenever i want, so sorry :S

But since that picture was taken, I have hinged the knee joint:
funny story about that, It was the day before I had to go home, and I realised I still hadn't done that, so i basically freehanded a basic hinge from wood, and painted that, and hinged it. While not perfect, it does the job.

I have also added ears and teeth to the helmet - yes I noticed I hadn't added them - and also attached the hip pods (yes I noticed I hadn't added those either).

I also found some old shoes to go into the boot pieces - old running shoes, which will add about an inch of extra height, and will maintain comfort. Win win!

I would add the upper thigh piece, but honestly that will stop leg movement completely for me, so I will just draw that part onto my morphsuit when it comes.

I also bought a morphsuit to go underneath! The onesie i was wearing at the time doesn't really fit in well...

So it was time to leave my dad's house, and he has this friend who fixes his house up, and he is 'borrowing' the house sometime soon, so i left him a little 'friend':

20130402132857.jpg

20130402132910.jpg

20130402132919.jpg

So here you can see my makeshift hinges, and the ears! You can't see the hip pods, but I assure you they're there...

So that's it for now, folks, I will update occasionally, because I will:

a) light the chest and hands (or do something to them at least)

b) Suit up (properly)

c) I am doing a sponsored Iron man triathlon in june, to raise money for people less privileged than myself in Europe's poorest country, and am going to go out in Brfxxccxxmnpcccclllmmnprxvclmnckssqlbb11116 (pronounced 'albin', remember?) to try and raise money for this cause.

By the way, if you could possibly help me in this, I would really appreciate it if anyone here could donate - literally any amount would help - even if its only a pound/dollar/one unit of any currency around the world.

So, I gave you a really long post about my suit, and then I asked you for money... Now I know how my dad felt (he funded the whole thing - thanks, by the way).

Cheers guys,
Matt :)

Man, I haven' worked on my suit for months now. Considering that I had my Sizing all wrong and built 4 pieces so small. Which got me in a bad mood and reading this makes me have hope again. :p

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back