Master Replicas ANH Luke Hilt Questions

DexAntares

I just came across an empty Anakin/ Luke ANH style Master Replicas hilt on eBay. I'd like to get an install done at some point. The only thing missing is the red plastic cap for the button under the bunny ears so I plan to replace that. Does anybody know the size of the screw hidden under the red cap? I'd like the replacement to serve as a blade retention screw. Come to think of it I should ask the size of the screw in the glass eye as well, since that should also be replaced.

I just came across an empty Anakin/ Luke ANH style Master Replicas hilt on eBay. I'd like to get an install done at some point. The only thing missing is the red plastic cap for the button under the bunny ears so I plan to replace that. Does anybody know the size of the screw hidden under the red cap? I'd like the replacement to serve as a blade retention screw. Come to think of it I should ask the size of the screw in the glass eye as well, since that should also be replaced.

What I have done in the past when I can’t find the answer is I bring the whole hilt to the hardware store. They usually have the thread checker hanging on the wall somewhere

Everywhere hardware near me has this same yellow checker
4F3E8C08-B1F1-4973-82C6-35484B62E9FA.jpeg

I go through the bins and try and find the right size screw/bolt by trying it on the hilt

The bins are labeled with the size and thread pitch, but to double check, once I find one that fits, I go over to the thread checker and double check that bolt was in the correct bin. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve grabbed the wrong labeled bolt

Only in the future to go grab some more and realize once I get home the pervious bolt I got was in the wrong bin..

Did you win it yesterday? I had one on my watchlist that went for a great price yesterday and i completely forgot about it ending when my notification came up...lol. They said there was an issue with the red cap as well..lol. Anyways, congrats!!

Did you win it yesterday? I had one on my watchlist that went for a great price yesterday and i completely forgot about it ending when my notification came up...lol. They said there was an issue with the red cap as well..lol. Anyways, congrats!!
Heh, no, I won it on the 20th and it was delivered yesterday. Originally I wanted to convert it to TFA style but I realized I won't be able to change the grips. I've had the MR ROTS version and a Korbanth kit ages ago but I had to sell both due to financial dire straits. Now I'm in a much better position to build up my collection again.

Heh, no, I won it on the 20th and it was delivered yesterday. Originally I wanted to convert it to TFA style but I realized I won't be able to change the grips. I've had the MR ROTS version and a Korbanth kit ages ago but I had to sell both due to financial dire straits. Now I'm in a much better position to build up my collection again.
Been there...yeah, the one i saw was the ESB version(my personal favorite out of the Graflex hilts). Hope your install goes well. Last Christmas i found an original Graflex at an antique store 5 min down the road from me and i only paid $55 for it. Talk about being fortunate. The problem is i could never bring myself to install one...The MR should be a solid install for you.

Halliwax, I also realize the glass eye and blade holder are both cheap-o plastic so I should replace them too. I'll just order parts from TCSS to replace all of them. That should also ensure the screw sizes are correct.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back